Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Okay who has one?

I just got mine and I'm having trouble getting it up and running.

Installed the "Sphero BB-8" App on my iPhone 6+ and I get to this screen and it just stalls...
20549477784_33d62c6fe4_b.jpg

Checked the Sphero Support and tried a Reset and again it stalls at this screen.

After watching a few Unboxing videos on YouTube, my guess is the App is trying to connect to Sphero to download a Firmware update.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
What was the issue and the fix (in case someone else might run into something similar)?

Ooops, sorry...

It was a Pairing issue between my iPhone and BB-8. it took a while but I kept trying and the App finally connected.

Last edited:

SloanNYC

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Ooops, sorry...

It was a Pairing issue between my iPhone and BB-8. it took a while but I kept trying and the App finally connected.

I had to delete the app and reinstall to get it to pair correctly. It is definitely a programming oversight to not have a way to exit this step and try to start over. Or on a force quit to reset in a way that increases chances of connecting.

JonHawkins

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2015
Okay who has one?

I just got mine and I'm having trouble getting it up and running.

Installed the "Sphero BB-8" App on my iPhone 6+ and I get to this screen and it just stalls...
20549477784_33d62c6fe4_b.jpg

Checked the Sphero Support and tried a Reset and again it stalls at this screen.

After watching a few Unboxing videos on YouTube, my guess is the App is trying to connect to Sphero to download a Firmware update.

Any thoughts?

JonHawkins

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2015
Here is a good and complete unboxing for the Star Wars BB-8 Droid. It is not as easy to use as most would think. The controls are tough to get used to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.