Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Knomo's Elektronista Digital Clutch is a bag that was created through a partnership with Danish tech blogger Christiane Vejlø, who founded Danish gadget site Elektronista. The Knomo Elektronista is designed to be both functional and fashionable, serving as clutch or a crossbody bag that can hold a wide range of gadgets and iOS devices, keeping them all organized in its myriad pockets.

The Elektronista is available in four colors: Blush, which is a pink shade, Grey, Black, and Navy. I've been using the Grey version for the last several weeks, and it's quickly become one of my favorite small gadget bags. The Elektronista is made from a full grain leather that's soft to the touch and the construction is flawless with not a stitch out of place, as I would expect from a high-end bag. It has gold hardware, including gold zippers and a removable strap that attaches to the back.

knomowithbatteryandstrap-800x395.jpg

At $295, the Elektronista is one of the pricier bags that Knomo sells, but the company justifies that price tag with the bag's solid construction, huge number of custom pockets, and perks like a built-in 3,000mAh battery. It unzips at the sides so it can be used at a desk as an organizer for electronic devices and other odds and ends, and then it zips back up so it can be used as a daily purse with a magnetic front flap that keeps the contents protected.

knomoopen-800x569.jpg

The unzipping feature also serves as a way for the interior storage to be accessed quickly, which is handy when you need to get at something fast. The pockets inside the Elektronista are all accessible when the purse is zipped up, but with so many different pockets, it can be hard to find things inside. It can also be difficult to access some of the lower pockets, such as the little change holder, when you're in a hurry.

knomofrontpocket-800x369.jpg

The Elektronista is essentially all pockets. At the exterior of the purse, there's a pocket in the back, where I chose to keep my cell phone for quick access, and a zippered pocket on the front flap where I kept other things I needed to access frequently. For me, this was eye drops and chapstick.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Knomo Review: The Elektronista is the Perfect iPad Purse for Pocket Lovers

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Knomo have always made clever/quality stuff, I've ended up picking up 3 of their bags over the years and they are still all in great condition.

Reactions: Keane16

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
What brand are those lightning cables?

They needed to do the card holders sideways.

Doesn't seem like you'd be able to fit an iPad in a keyboard case or Logitech's Keys-To-Go?

It does fit my iPad in a keyboard case. I can technically fit a Keys-To-Go keyboard in there if I really shove it in, but it's a really tight fit, so I'd say no on that. Agree, card holders would have been better sideways.

Lightning cables are Kero Nomad, and they're pretty awesome. Especially good for those little external battery packs. They're the cables that I use most of the time: http://keroproducts.com

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It does fit my iPad in a keyboard case. I can technically fit a Keys-To-Go keyboard in there if I really shove it in, but it's a really tight fit, so I'd say no on that. Agree, card holders would have been better sideways.

Lightning cables are Kero Nomad, and they're pretty awesome. Especially good for those little external battery packs. They're the cables that I use most of the time: http://keroproducts.com

Ouch! Well, I expect that from a bag that has the pen holder unreachable at the very bottom.

Thank you. Going to buy some of those and give this a miss. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.