Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple-Watch-Link-Bracelet-Kit-Space-Black-250x306.jpg
Apple today released a Space Black color Link Bracelet Kit, which contains six additional stainless steel links for wrists that exceed 205mm. The six links extend the 42mm Apple Watch band by up to 40mm, for a maximum size of 245mm.

The new Space Black kit is available on the Apple Online Store for $49, the same price as the Silver Link Bracelet Kit released in August, despite the full Space Black Link Bracelet carrying a $100 premium over the Silver Link Bracelet.

The kit is estimated for delivery as early as Tuesday, November 24 with expedited shipping, or Friday, November 27 with standard shipping, in the United States. The kit is also available in Canada for $69 and the United Kingdom for £39.

Apple also released an official Apple Watch magnetic charging dock for $79 today.

Article Link: Apple Watch Space Black Link Bracelet Kit Now Available for $49

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
And that's what I paid for my entire very nice Chinese knockoff space grey link bracelet on Amazon.
I got the apple silver link bracelet not a knock off. I have not seen anything that comes close (of course at the price they charge they should be way better, right?). Anyway, please share a link, as I would be interested in what people are buying in case I ever decide to change my bracelet.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Very Nice. However, this is why I bought the Apple band. I did not want to deal with pins or tools. I think that the apple band is done in an amazing way. You will argue that those amazing ways are not worth the 10 fold cost. Well it was a hard choice to make, for sure, but in the end, I decided it was worth it and frankly I have no regrets. Having said that your bracelet is very nice and more classic looking than Apple's. Enjoy!

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
Very Nice. However, this is why I bought the Apple band. I did not want to deal with pins or tools. I think that the apple band is done in an amazing way. You will argue that those amazing ways are not worth the 10 fold cost. Well it was a hard choice to make, for sure, but in the end, I decided it was worth it and frankly I have no regrets. Having said that your bracelet is very nice and more classic looking than Apple's. Enjoy!

But...but, you are being way to complimentary and civil about our different choices. Do you not know this is an internet forum? I'm supposed to make snide remarks about you wasting your money and you need to ridicule me for not buying the best product out there. No fair!

In all seriousness. Good luck with your band. I'm very glad you like it! :)

Also, thanks for the education. I did not realize the Apple Band was designed to be adjusted without tools. Very cool. Very Applesque. (But you are correct, not $400 better, for me).

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Why no 38mm extra links? Some people with large wrists want a small watch. Not me. Link bracket doesn't appeal to me.

beanbaguk

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
Today is clearly "Our Apple Watch Customers are Mugs" day at Apple.

Firstly an €89 vile looking plastic stand for the already fugly looking Apple Watch, and now a €49 "kit" to make your bracelet fit you properly.

This is taking the piss big time!

acm1108

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
But...but, you are being way to complimentary and civil about our different choices. Do you not know this is an internet forum? I'm supposed to make snide remarks about you wasting your money and you need to ridicule me for not buying the best product out there. No fair!

Today is clearly "Our Apple Watch Customers are Mugs" day at Apple.

Firstly an €89 vile looking plastic stand for the already fugly looking Apple Watch, and now a €49 "kit" to make your bracelet fit you properly.

This is taking the piss big time!

There he is ^

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I got the Apple Watch for this but I actually don't use 6 of the links that came with mine.

No offense but, you're definitely not using the Apple Watch for fitness if you need this! :D

Phoenixx

Suspended
Jul 3, 2015

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
That's the same strap I got, only I got the plain stainless one. It's a REALLY good quality strap, mine cost $35. I took one look at the Apple watch straps and laughed hysterically. Hundreds of dollars for a watch strap? You've got to be kidding. It's in the territory of being able to buy a SECOND WATCH for the price Apple charge for some of these straps.

got the same knock-off strap. i wouldn't say it's REALLY good quality, more of a "you get what you pay for - in yen"-type of quality. the apple-one definitely looks slicker, higher quality and more precisely machined to me and seems to have a more robust locking mechanism. but it damn well should be better for that money. i'm happy with my € 50 link bracelet, but i would prefer the 450€ apple one, if that were a reasonable price for a watch band for a 450€ watch. same with my € 35 leather loop knockoff. no match for the € 170 apple one, but far better value for the price.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
This is common in luxury watches. Sometimes a dealer has an extra one in the back and will add it on n/c, sometimes they'll include to make the sale. Sometimes not. The watch makers don't give them to dealers free.

I have tiny child wrists, so I wouldn't mind being "burdened" having to pay extra because I had big wrists. Grass is always greener... I suppose.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
I got the Apple Watch for this but I actually don't use 6 of the links that came with mine.

No offense but, you're definitely not using the Apple Watch for fitness if you need this! :D

"Fitness" doesn't always mean "slim and wiry like a marathon runner." I've known a few thin and emaciated individuals who had no interest in fitness whatsoever, other than fitting into a pair of child-size bluejeans - they had no body fat, but they also had no muscle tone or endurance, exhibited no interest in good nutrition.... Meantime, if you hang out at a gym, you could well find someone in the weight room in need of those six spare links.

If you say you don't mean to be offensive (which implies that you're sensitive enough to realize people may be offended), then why say anything?

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
What is everyone complaining about? Now you can buy the link bracelet and have a better market to sell your extra links if you have a smaller wrist. :)

As for that off brand one mentioned above, to me that looks bad. I don't want a "link bracelet" that attaches to the watch with the little bars that are used to attach leather bands. Just my opinion that it looks ridiculous.

Reactions: orbital~debris

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
This is the one I went with.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/28178113252...48&var=580781183593&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It's a perfect knockoff of Apple's without pin holes on the sides of the links. Even the butterfly clasp is 1:1. It doesn't have apple's push button link removal system, but being that a watch band is usually only sized one time that doesn't bother me, especially for the $400 savings.

drmonckbern

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015

Apple-Watch-Link-Bracelet-Kit-Space-Black-250x306.jpg
Apple today released a Space Black color Link Bracelet Kit, which contains six additional stainless steel links for wrists that exceed 205mm. The six links extend the 42mm Apple Watch band by up to 40mm, for a maximum size of 245mm.

The new Space Black kit is available on the Apple Online Store for $49, the same price as the Silver Link Bracelet Kit released in August, despite the full Space Black Link Bracelet carrying a $100 premium over the Silver Link Bracelet.

The kit is estimated for delivery as early as Tuesday, November 24 with expedited shipping, or Friday, November 27 with standard shipping, in the United States. The kit is also available in Canada for $69 and the United Kingdom for £39.

Apple also released an official Apple Watch magnetic charging dock for $79 today.

Article Link: Apple Watch Space Black Link Bracelet Kit Now Available for $49

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
Shame on Apple. Whoever owns a black, link bracelet spent over $1000 on their Watch already. As a courtesy they should add extra links for their customers in the store, not force a 5% surcharge for having a bigger wrist!

Last edited:
Reactions: WarHeadz

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Bargain! Those 6 should come when u spent 1K

Feel bad that apple is imposing a big bone tax

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.