Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy has the in-demand Apple Pencil in stock and is accepting orders for the device as of today. Supplies may go quickly, but for the time being, Best Buy's site says orders will arrive as early as Tuesday, November 24 with express shipping, or Thursday, December 3 with standard shipping. Best Buy's stock may already be low as the site sometimes lists the Apple Pencil as unavailable before listing it as purchasable upon refresh.

applepencilinstock-800x221.jpg

Best Buy appears to be one of the only stores with actual stock of the Apple Pencil. At Staples, the Apple Pencil is listed as "Coming Soon" with stock arriving on November 25, which is the only other upcoming availability date. MacMall is accepting orders, but shipments won't arrive for three weeks, while B&H Photo is also accepting pre-orders without an estimated shipment timeline. At Adorama and Walmart, the Apple Pencil is listed as out of stock.

On Apple's own site, the Apple Pencil has an estimated shipping date of four to five weeks, with orders placed today arriving between December 23 and December 30 at the earliest. Apple retail stores have been receiving shipments of the Apple Pencil, so the best way to get one immediately may be to check in regularly at a local Apple Store.

Article Link: Best Buy Now Offering Apple Pencil, Orders Arrive as Early as Next Week

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
When I try, it says not available for shipping.

In store pickup simply says nobody has it near me.

Edit: Now it simply can't be added to the cart.

Last edited:

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
I bet the stores will start getting them this weekend. I had an employee look up the SKU and several of the stores have them coming.

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
Yup same here. Can't add to my cart and no local stores have them. My guess is that stores will have some for Black Friday (without a special sale).

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Interesting that ordering directly through Apple results in long delays, while other retailers will be getting stock sooner. Same happened with the retina MacBook.

Soon when you go to the retail store, they will not be saying order online , but order from a 3rd party if you want it sooner.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
They have it in stock now.

Lucky :p No stores in Ohio have any yet, but 10020 ZIP code is showing now 2 more stores that received stock. I keep refreshing, friend who is a manager said they will get shipped in via UPS so they literally can arrive and be received into the system any minute.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Interesting that ordering directly through Apple results in long delays, while other retailers will be getting stock sooner. Same happened with the retina MacBook.

Soon when you go to the retail store, they will not be saying order online , but order from a 3rd party if you want it sooner.
Let me know when you actually get one from Best Buy. All I see is not available to ship not available at a store within 250 miles of my ZIP Code.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Let me know when you actually get one from Best Buy. All I see is not available to ship not available at a store within 250 miles of my ZIP Code.

In the UK.

Though... I could get a retina MacBook through 3rd party sellers quicker than Apple , I choose to wait for Apple.

Simple fact is, direct from Apple is no longer the fastest way to get a product.

Btw: already have an Apple pencil

Onmybikedrunk

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
In stock at all Best Buy locations in Portland! Just grabbed two after trying all week at our local Apple stores! Anyone want one? Make an offer and I'll overnight it! ;)

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Lucky :p No stores in Ohio have any yet, but 10020 ZIP code is showing now 2 more stores that received stock. I keep refreshing, friend who is a manager said they will get shipped in via UPS so they literally can arrive and be received into the system any minute.

We got a shipment of 10 today (sold out within 20 minutes).

They come via FedEx.

(I work at Best Buy in New York)

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I was somehow able to order one from BBY AFTER I posted about my failure earlier. Immediately after that I couldn't add one to cart again. It's already shipped from Springfield, IL and will be here Tuesday allegedly. They called it free "expedited" shipping, but it's that **** where UPS hands off to USPS and they'll dick around with it for days.

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Beware. Best Buy promised me Weds arrival and I even paid extra for expedite.

8hrs later they texted me saying back ordered.

They're making pre sales promises to bait you into ordering they won't keep.

Sleazy.

Disarraygun

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2015
Seattle, WA
It's looking like Best Buy's stock tracking system is working way better than Apple's. I checked periodically yesterday for availability in stores near Seattle yesterday with no luck. Then around 8:45pm stock at the Tukwilla store appeared and I snapped one up. As long as they aren't trolling me and it wasn't a fluke (I've got an email confirmation of course), it's currently waiting for me.

Unless you've got an abundance of time to keep hunting them at the Apple Store, I would say keep checking Best Buy online. It's a way better customer experience than how Apple is currently operating.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH

Best Buy has the in-demand Apple Pencil in stock and is accepting orders for the device as of today. Supplies may go quickly, but for the time being, Best Buy's site says orders will arrive as early as Tuesday, November 24 with express shipping, or Thursday, December 3 with standard shipping. Best Buy's stock may already be low as the site sometimes lists the Apple Pencil as unavailable before listing it as purchasable upon refresh.

applepencilinstock-800x221.jpg

Best Buy appears to be one of the only stores with actual stock of the Apple Pencil.

You may want to correct this, it's not true. Best Buy is in-store pick up only. It clearly states that no shipping available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.