Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of tech blogs have shared a video from Chinese website M.I.C. Gadget that claims to provide the first real look at Apple's next-generation 4-inch iPhone, but there are some clues to suggest the mystery smartphone may simply be a regular 4.7-inch iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s.

First and foremost, the distance between the speaker grille, pentalobe screws, Lightning connector, headphone jack and microphones appears to be the same as the iPhone 6s. If this were truly the so-called "iPhone 6c," those components would need to be closer together on the bottom of the smartphone.

The display width also appears to resemble an iPhone 6s compared to the size of the home button, but exact measurements are hard to determine without an object for scale. The lack of a 4.7-inch iPhone 6s and 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus for comparison also makes the video more questionable.

4-inch-iPhone-video.jpg

M.I.C. Gadget has accurately leaked some iPhone, iPad and iPod touch components in the past, so there remains a slim possibility this video truly depicts a new 4-inch iPhone. The website has also aggregated a number of false leaks and rumors, however, so the authenticity of this video remains in doubt.

The much-rumored "iPhone 6c" may feature a 64-bit Apple A8 chip, 1GB of RAM, 16GB and 64GB storage sizes, 8-megapixel rear-facing iSight camera, improved FaceTime HD camera with ?/2.2 aperture, Apple Pay, Touch ID, VoLTE calling and more. The smartphone could launch by the end of March for around $500.

Article Link: Claimed 4-inch iPhone in Leaked Video Likely Just an iPhone 6s

Smashy

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
Is it just me or does that look like an iphone 6 or 6s? Or that guy has really really tiny hands....Me thinks this is fake.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline

A number of tech blogs have shared a video from Chinese website M.I.C. Gadget that claims to provide the first real look at Apple's next-generation 4-inch iPhone, but there are some clues to suggest the mystery smartphone may simply be a regular 4.7-inch iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s.

First and foremost, the distance between the speaker grille, pentalobe screws, Lightning connector, headphone jack and microphones appears to be the same as the iPhone 6s. If this were truly the so-called "iPhone 6c," those components would need to be closer together on the bottom of the smartphone.

The display width also appears to resemble an iPhone 6s compared to the size of the home button, but exact measurements are hard to determine without an object for scale. The lack of a 4.7-inch iPhone 6s and 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus for comparison also makes the video more questionable.

4-inch-iPhone-video.jpg

M.I.C. Gadget has accurately leaked some iPhone, iPad and iPod touch components in the past, so there remains a slim possibility this video truly depicts a new 4-inch iPhone. The website has also aggregated a number of false leaks and rumors, however, so the authenticity of this video remains in doubt.

The much-rumored "iPhone 6c" may feature a 64-bit Apple A8 chip, 1GB of RAM, 16GB and 64GB storage sizes, 8-megapixel rear-facing iSight camera, improved FaceTime HD camera with ?/2.2 aperture, Apple Pay, Touch ID, VoLTE calling and more. The smartphone could launch by the end of March for around $500.

Article Link: Claimed 4-inch iPhone in Leaked Video Likely Just an iPhone 6s
What's the problem? It looks 0.7 inches smaller to me.

danwest

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2013
"Puts phone down, picks it back up, gives it a little spin again" haha. it's an iPhone 6/62

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2015
It definitely isn't a "new 4-inch iPhone." I have the iPhone 5s and this obviously looks like a 6 or 6s just looking at the size of the phone in the video to my 5s.

HFoletto

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
Someone who's not as lazy as me should measure the headphone jack and lightning port since those are constants that can be compared to the overall width. I probably could have measured it in the time it took to write this.

iphone_6_history_stack_bottom.jpg

Looking at this image and the article's bottom view image you can clearly see it is an 4.7" iPhone 6/6S.
A 4" screen body wouldn't have the exact same layout, since the smaller body would probably have about 4 holes for the speaker, or smaller space between.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
They should have taken it from a funny angle so people could keep saying its definitely not the 6s they are looking at and the screen is 100% smaller (you know, like when everyone claimed the Macbook in the background of the Apple documentary wasn't a 12" Macbook and was at least 15-17" (despite this meaning it'd have the biggest keyboard every known to man on it)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I would love to go back to a 4" size, but I'm not buying a new iPhone that has the same specs as my 2014 iPhone 6. A9 and 2 GB ram and I'd gladly buy one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.