Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

testflight.jpg
Apple today updated its TestFlight iOS app to include support for watchOS 2.2 and iOS 9.3, two upcoming software updates that are currently being beta tested by developers and public beta testers.

Today's update also includes stability and performance improvements for the TestFlight app.
What's New
Includes support for watchOS 2.2 and iOS 9.3, as well as minor stability and performance improvements.
Both iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2 are expected to see a public release in the spring, perhaps at a rumored March 15 event that Apple is said to be planning.

For those unfamiliar with TestFlight, it's Apple's iOS beta testing platform, designed to let developers recruit beta testers for their apps to work out bugs ahead of releasing apps to the public. Apple acquired TestFlight from Burstly in February of 2014 and relaunched the service alongside iOS 8 as an iOS-integrated testing platform.

TestFlight can be downloaded for free from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple's TestFlight App Gains Support for iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I'm excited about this update. Really, I am. I have an app I use a lot that I have not been able to load recently due to this but today, we're back.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Odd, I've been running the iOS 9.3 beta but TestFlight and all my TestFlight apps have been running just fine.
Running was not the issue. The issue was loading if the app received an update. To make this an issue you would have needed 9.3 beta and 2.2 beta plus an updated Test Flight app you wanted to install. The app would install on your phone but the ability to send the updated app to your watch was broken. The toggle would remain off so you could not install the Test Flight based beta app to the watch. Very narrow issue but one that got me recently and is now fixed.

Reactions: NightFox

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Running was not the issue. The issue was loading if the app received an update. To make this an issue you would have needed 9.3 beta and 2.2 beta plus an updated Test Flight app you wanted to install. The app would install on your phone but the ability to send the updated app to your watch was broken. The toggle would remain off so you could not install the Test Flight based beta app to the watch. Very narrow issue but one that got me recently and is now fixed.

Gotcha - thanks for the explanation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.