Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new "Apple Events" app on the tvOS App Store, which will be used to live stream its upcoming "Let Us Loop You In" media event set to take place on March 21 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. This will be the first Apple Event live streamed since the fourth-generation Apple TV was released in October.

apple_events_tvos_store.jpg

Unlike on previous Apple TV models, the Apple Events app must be downloaded from the tvOS App Store on the fourth-generation Apple TV. As usual, second- and third-generation Apple TV users will likely have to wait until the Apple Events app automatically appears on their home screen. No software update is required.

The live stream will also be available on Macs and iOS devices through Apple's event website. iOS 7 or OS X 10.8.5 with Safari 6.0.5 or later is required.

apple_events_tvos.jpg

Apple's spring event is expected to see the debut of the 4-inch "iPhone SE," which is rumored to look nearly identical to the iPhone 5s. It will include an A9 processor, an improved camera, and NFC support for use with Apple Pay. The 4-inch iPhone will be Apple's first small screen iPhone since 2013.

Also expected is a new 9.7-inch iPad, which may be branded as an iPad Pro instead of an iPad Air. It is rumored to be adopting features from the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, including a four-speaker design, a Smart Connector for connecting accessories, and display improvements for Apple Pencil support. New Apple Watch bands will likely be introduced. Existing bands will be available in new colors and there may be new product lines, like a rumored nylon band and a Space Black Milanese Loop.

MacRumors will provide live coverage of the event, both on MacRumors.com and through the @MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: 'Apple Events' Launches on Apple TV App Store Ahead of Monday's 'Let Us Loop You In' Event

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Has anything pointed to the possibility of a Mac product rearing its head, or is this just another semi-annual iGadget spec update?

If it's the latter, I'll catch the highlights the next day. Wake me when Apple remembers they still make desktops and notebooks.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
They usually do laptops and desktops at a latter date, like october.

Yes but don't forget that Apple didn't hold a October event last year, the March event seems to be replacing the October events.
[doublepost=1458214818][/doublepost]
Has anything pointed to the possibility of a Mac product rearing its head, or is this just another semi-annual iGadget spec update?

If it's the latter, I'll catch the highlights the next day. Wake me when Apple remembers they still make desktops and notebooks.

Apple my update the 12" Macbook, it was last year at a March event that they announced the Macbook, so updates on processors are due. Plus they could update the Macbook Air and or the Macbook Pro if they are small spec bumps.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Can't wait!!
I'll be working but will check the live feeds here. Then I'll watch it on replay tonight on my Mac.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Whereas I'm looking forward to this keynote: if the new iPhone SE looks good, then I might upgrade from my 5S.

I don't like the 6-series design. I remain hopeful the 7 might offer something new, but with rumours suggesting the camera bulge persisting and the device sizes still up there with other phablets.. the SE iPhone could be the 2016 phone I upgrade to.

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
need a new MBP BAD. but I won't buy until the refresh, 2K machine has got to last. Looking for usb 3.1. 15 inch Macbook wouldn't be bad.

Reactions: dj23andMe

diogopires21

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2016

Apple today released a new "Apple Events" app on the tvOS App Store, which will be used to live stream its upcoming "Let Us Loop You In" media event set to take place on March 21 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. This will be the first Apple Event live streamed since the fourth-generation Apple TV was released in October.

Apple-Events-Apple-TV-800x600.jpg

Apple Events app on fourth-generation Apple TV App Store (Image: hrhnick/Reddit)

Unlike on previous Apple TV models, the Apple Events app must be downloaded from the tvOS App Store on the fourth-generation Apple TV. As usual, second- and third-generation Apple TV users will likely have to wait until the Apple Events app automatically appears on their home screen. No software update is required.

The live stream will also be available on Macs and iOS devices through Apple's event website. iOS 7 or OS X 10.8.5 with Safari 6.0.5 or later is required.

Apple's spring event is expected to see the debut of the 4-inch "iPhone SE," which is rumored to look nearly identical to the iPhone 5s. It will include an A9 processor, an improved camera, and NFC support for use with Apple Pay. The 4-inch iPhone will be Apple's first small screen iPhone since 2013.

Also expected is a new 9.7-inch iPad, which may be branded as an iPad Pro instead of an iPad Air. It is rumored to be adopting features from the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, including a four-speaker design, a Smart Connector for connecting accessories, and display improvements for Apple Pencil support. New Apple Watch bands will likely be introduced. Existing bands will be available in new colors and there may be new product lines, like a rumored nylon band and a Space Black Milanese Loop.

MacRumors will provide live coverage of the event, both on MacRumors.com and through the @MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: 'Apple Events' Launches on Apple TV App Store Ahead of Monday's 'Let Us Loop You In' Event

Does anyone know if the Apple TV url stream will be available, the for adding it to VLC?

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
Hoping for something unexpected, thanks for the heads up that the app has to be downloaded on ATV4. I hope they announce and release the next ATV4 software update, looking forward to folders.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Does the tv app give away any more info/secret hints about what will be talked about on Monday?

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Good, Waiting for the floor to drop out on the iPhone 5S so I can buy a spare phone.
Already purchased a good working 4S 16 for less than $50. Looking to pay less than $70 for a good working 5S.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
So this means Apple can no longer "force" apps on us? They can only through the AppStore? Cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.