Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iOS 10 officially launched today, bringing a revamped Messages App with a full Messages App Store and support for all new sticker packs, which are set to replace emojis as the must-have way to express yourself visually while chatting.

There are already several dozen sticker packs available in the Messages App Store and that number will grow to hundreds in a short period of time, so we've rounded up some of the best iOS 10 sticker packs that are worth checking out. All app links are links directly to the App Store.

thumb-3-copy-800x450.jpg

Wondering how to install sticker packs? Make sure to check out our how to.

Sticker Pals (Free) - Created by Impending, the team behind the adorable Hatch pet app, Sticker Pals features hundreds of animated stickers drawn by artist David Lanham. Focused around several characters, Sticker Pals is the most comprehensive sticker pack I've tested over the last several weeks, with an amazing art style and stickers to represent every emotion and action.

Since stickers can be layered, there's also a wide selection of wigs, glasses, and beards, along with emotive additions like hearts and explosions plus food, every day items, and more. There's even a built-in gifting feature for unlocking new stickers, along with extra packs available as in-app purchases. Impending has thought of everything, and as a free download, Sticker Pals is worth picking up.

stickerpals-800x707.jpg

IconFactory (Free to $0.99) - IconFactory has created multiple sticker packs for iOS 10, ranging from dinosaurs and marshmallows to pixellated food, magic eight balls, poop, flowers, and chimpanzees. Some of the stickers in IconFactory's sticker packs are animated, while others are static. All of them have different art styles, but high-quality artwork is a common denominator.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Must-Have Sticker Packs for Messages in iOS 10

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Sticker Pals doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Also I've noticed iMessage doesn't allow you to put stickers just anywhere on the screen, there's some places where they won't 'stick' as it were.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Spending time in iMessage means less time in Facebook, other messaging Apps and even things like Snap Chat and Instagram where folks use filters and stuff to send funny pictures. I think iMessage is really going to eat into the revenue of a lot of Apps in a somewhat indirect way. And obviously in a very direct way for Apps like WhatsApp.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Sticker Pals doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Also I've noticed iMessage doesn't allow you to put stickers just anywhere on the screen, there's some places where they won't 'stick' as it were.

It's coming soon. You have to stick stickers to a chat bubble or a photo that's in the Messages window. It doesn't go anywhere, has to stick to something.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
Anyone know how to get rid of that ugly name initial bubble at the top? Big and ugly. And no I don't want to add photo's for people. Just want their name at the top like it used to be.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
There are so many sticker packs already that it's impossible to list them all and go through all of them, but would love to hear your favorites. Stickers may not be popular with everyone, but I'm really enjoying them as a next-generation emoji replacement.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Seems like it would get harder to find the right one for the right response. Doubt I'll get any and use them.

utcarsons

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Sticker Pals is not found on searching the iMessage store. Your link for Sticker Pals goes to a page not updated with news since 2013? Seriously?

Reactions: Mactendo

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Sticker Pals is not found on searching the iMessage store. Your link for Sticker Pals goes to a page not updated with news since 2013? Seriously?

It's coming soon! I've changed the link to the Twitter account instead. They had to update a couple things but will be releasing soon. I tried a lot of sticker packs and it was one of the most well-developed, so definitely worth keeping an eye out for.

https://twitter.com/stickerpals

Last edited:
Reactions: utcarsons

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Personally for me all this is useless.... I keep the stock SMS app on page 2.

I use Facebook messenger, Snapchat and WhatsApp. Don't think I've used iMessage in a few years.... I occasionally get SMS spam tho.

Reactions: mkeeley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.