1G or 2G nano?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skipsandwichdx, Sep 14, 2006.

1. skipsandwichdx macrumors regular

Assuming my recently deceased 4G can't be resurrected (and the AppleCare has run out), I need a new ipod. I never used more than 4-5GB of the 4G, so I'm pretty certain on a 2GB nano.

Question: should I get a refurb 1G nano for $99, or a 2G nano for $50 more? Personally, I like the look of the first-gen nano, but I don't know if the greater batter life, brightness, size, or features of the sceond-gen outweigh the aesthetic appeal.

2. lewion macrumors regular

lewion

i would definitly buy the 1st gen! it looks better :) but if you go for snd gen go for the green one :D

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It depends on where you are planning on using it. If you don't care about the battery life, get the 1g.

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i wasn't a big fan of the minis, so i'm not so big on the new nanos.. the black or the pink would be nice, though.

but i definitely don't like the silver, personally.. so i'd opt for the older nano over the newer.. but that's just me. there's also not enough 'new features' to really sway me..

5. skipsandwichdx thread starter macrumors regular

I use it in the car almost exclusively, and I normally don't drive more than 14 hours straight :)

Too bad I gave my free nano to my dad, eh?

6. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I opted for a 2G Nano because of the aluminum case--I figured it would withstand punishment better than the 1G's plastic case.

7. skipsandwichdx thread starter macrumors regular

Those invisibleshield things are amazing. I made my dad get one for the nano. $20 and it's virtually scratchproof.

8. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

I second that. The 1G Nano with the Invisibleshield is scratchproof and a LOT better looking. Too bad it's not 8gb though. That would be nice.