1GB Corsair PB Ram - $110 AR at Fry's this wknd!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tastannin, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Sep 19, 2003
    FYI: Fry's Electronics has a Corsair-branded "Value Select" 1 GB PC2700 DDR SO-DIMM for $130 through Tuesday the 6th. This RAM has a lifetime warranty via Corsair. In addition, there is a $20 mail-in rebate on the RAM, bringing the total cost on this down to $110. No need to wait for an internet vendor to ship you your RAM!

I was out of town on holiday, and saw this special, so of course, I had to go out to the local Fry's this afternoon and picked up a stick of this RAM and put it in my new 15" 1.5 ghz Alubook - it works great. System Profiler marks it as having the same speed as my Apple-supplied 512 stick, so I think I got myself a nice deal. I don't mind MIR's, but they may not be for everyone.
  2. jamdr macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    yeah, that's not a bad deal. You can get generic RAM online for about the same without the mail-in rebate, but it's nice that this has a brand name. Certainly cheaper than the $140 or so a Samsung-brand stick would set you back.
  3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    hmm, i'm in the market for a 1gb stick, think ill head over there tomorrow and pick it up. Thanks for the heads up.
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location

Sorry, but people in the US should know about this. Corsair RAM is usually pricey.
  5. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    Dammit! Too bad I dont have a Fry's anywhere near where I live