1GB Corsair PB Ram - $110 AR at Fry's this wknd!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tastannin, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

FYI: Fry's Electronics has a Corsair-branded "Value Select" 1 GB PC2700 DDR SO-DIMM for $130 through Tuesday the 6th. This RAM has a lifetime warranty via Corsair. In addition, there is a $20 mail-in rebate on the RAM, bringing the total cost on this down to $110. No need to wait for an internet vendor to ship you your RAM!

I was out of town on holiday, and saw this special, so of course, I had to go out to the local Fry's this afternoon and picked up a stick of this RAM and put it in my new 15" 1.5 ghz Alubook - it works great. System Profiler marks it as having the same speed as my Apple-supplied 512 stick, so I think I got myself a nice deal. I don't mind MIR's, but they may not be for everyone.

2. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

yeah, that's not a bad deal. You can get generic RAM online for about the same without the mail-in rebate, but it's nice that this has a brand name. Certainly cheaper than the $140 or so a Samsung-brand stick would set you back.

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

hmm, i'm in the market for a 1gb stick, think ill head over there tomorrow and pick it up. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

*bump*

Sorry, but people in the US should know about this. Corsair RAM is usually pricey.

5. wako macrumors 65816

Dammit! Too bad I dont have a Fry's anywhere near where I live