1GB+ file transfering

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by runninmac, Mar 31, 2006.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I have a 1.2 GB movie on my Windows PC and was wondering if there was a nice (preferably simple) way to get it onto my iBook. I tried hooking up my iPod to the PC and transferring the movie to my iPod but it said the drive needed to be reformatted and I really don't want to go though that. Also I know I could transfer it through AIM but that would take forever and I don't want my cable company getting alarmed (if they monitor this stuff).

Thanks in advance

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Sounds like networking the two machines together would be the best option (given that you apparently don't have a DVD burner).

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If this is going to happen often and networking is a pain then I recommend formatting the iPod on the PC. It's a one-off restore that'll lose all your data but you can resync with either the Mac or PC after relatively seamlessly, assuming you don't manually manage the songs on your iPod.

I have my Macs and PCs networked together but since it's wireless, I use my iPod for all the large transfers. :)

4. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Wow thank you both a lot. I set up a network, which I have been putting off since I thought it would be a pain in the ass but it works great! I probably will reformat my iPod later but I needed to transfer it now because Im leaving for vacation in 6 hours.