1Ghz imac Performance

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by noelmac75, Feb 17, 2003.

1. noelmac75 macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2003
    So whats the verdict on the new iMac 1ghz performance, iam thinking of getting one, whats it like for photoshop etc.. will i have to upgrade the ram to max for it, also whats it like for games?
  2. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

Feb 6, 2003
  3. spotwhite macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2003
    1Ghz imac Performance

It is just great! I am running a new PowebookG4 1GHz with 1GB RAM. Speed like light. Just GREAT!
  4. MorganX macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2003
    Re: 1Ghz imac Performance

I'm not sure this is a good comparison. The PB has L3 I believe, I know the iMac doesn't.
  5. shantustarsun macrumors newbie

May 25, 2001
    I just purchased a PowerBook 1Ghz with SuperDrive and let me tell you, it is AWESOME. I had the 1st Rev 500mhz TiBook (which was and is still incredible) but this new book blows it away in every way! This is the best computer I have ever used, super fast and smooth, Photoshop runs like a dream! I just figured out that you can run a DVD on a TV and the computer screen at the same time, the video card rules! I would highly recommend this machine, don't wait for the new one, snap up the last TiBooks, the last rev is always the best!
  6. ChicagoMac macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2002
    Battle Creek, MI
    I actually have a 17" 1ghz imac (not a powerbook) with 768mb ram and it's great. For some strange reason, Imovie was not installed on it when I received it from MacMall, but a download took care of that. I also have the 17" 800mhz in my office and I can definately tell a difference between the two. Games do seem to flow better. I know a lot of people have complained about the new iphoto, but it seems to work fine too. I don't use photoshop so I couldn't tell you about that. Guess it depends on if you need it to make a living or just amatuer stuff.