1ghz PB 1.25gb: WoW???

Discussion in 'Games' started by kant, Jul 28, 2005.

1. kant macrumors 6502

My surgeon says that I'm going to have lots of spare time on my hands for an 8-10 week period. So I'm thinking that an overwhelmingly addictive game might be just the ticket to keep me occupied.

Will my PB run WoW acceptably? If I'm going to spend $50 + $15/month I don't want to be disappointed in the gameplay due to having almost minimum hardware requirements. I searched through the forum here and see people with 1.5ghz who aren't satisfied and others with 700mhz who are. :confused:

If it won't run WoW, what would you all recommend instead? Neverwinter's Night?? Pretty much interested only in RPGs, btw. Also, has to be for Mac; I don't have a PC any more.

I'm not a big gamer obviously. :) I last played DII on a pc.

2. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Hey, I'm a gamer but I only have 1.2Ghz G4 iBook..... So, I think that WoW should work fine on it, but I haven't played it so I guess I wouldn't know. I would suggest Knights of the Old Republic. Being a Star Wars fan myself I think the game is awsome. Its a good all around RPG. Should be $40 or less too! It runs alright on my 1.2ghz G4 with 768MB of RAM. I would say you should be alright with all that RAM to run just about anything. But what's your graphics card? Do you have 32MB or 64MB or VRAM?

3. kant thread starter macrumors 6502

Nvidia Go5200. Just 32mb vram.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it will be ok, but not great. My ex-gf played (plays?) on a 1.25 Ghz single processor tower with 768 RAM and a 64 MB Radeon 9000. It was fine the majority of the time but in flight and in big cities it lagged some. Lord knows she played enough hours for me to classify it as "more than playable," though. :rolleyes:

5. kant thread starter macrumors 6502

Little bitter are we? :)

Thanks for the info.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

A little bitter doesn't come close to beginning to describe it. Good luck with the game (if you play) and with whatever surgery is the underlying cause. ;)

7. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Go and get WoW, and be ready for some very nice funny game. Before I bought the pb in my sig 3 months ago I played on a 867 mhz 12" pb rev A and it was ok. Running around and going in dungeons was never a problem with all the settings down. Being in the main city on a sunday still lags, but I have heard this is also due to server problems when there are 200+ people at one place in the game. But you won't need framerates when you are just selling/buying stuff. I think the game is more about solving problems/meeting people, that is what makes it so interesting to me. I can only recomend it to you and hope you'll have a great time.

8. kant thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it Saturday. Y'all were right: it is very playable. I have most everything turned down and the only time I have problems is in towns when there's a lot of people there. Gameplay hasn't suffered any due to machine limitations.

One more question:

Eight Hours!!! Are they nuts? :eek: