1Password credit card storage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bgsnmky, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I downloaded the trial version of 1password, but it is not working fully as I do not have the lock/key symbol on safari. I am trying to contact support and am waiting.

in the meantime, I was curious if anyone uses the CC function in the list of options.

I have a small business and would like to store the customers cc there, but was curious if anyone has used it and if I can keep them by customer etc.

and how secure is it.

2. macrumors 6502a

I too have just recently downloaded the trial version and have had no problems in getting it to work...it is possible that you have not yet installed the Safari extension as this was necessary in Chrome to get the key/lock symbol to appear...

3. macrumors regular

NogbadTheBad

The Wallet is for storing your card details so you can use it for online purchases and it autofills the card details in when required.

4. macrumors 68000

thewitt

It is very secure, and a very inexpensive solution to storing your customers credit card information in encrypted form.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Finally got the key to show up in my browser. I had to install the extension a few times.. I am sure it was ME!

Glad to know on the CC as that is my plan..now just have to figure out how to search for a cc. I have added one as a test. And then typed in the search box the name but it won't come up.

Thewitt --- is that how you use it for customers too.

6. macrumors 6502

If you click the credit card button on the left of the extension it will list all of your credit cards. Once in that view, you can search for the credit cards only.

I'm not sure what the legal ramifications are of storing customer credit cards, but you may wish to look into this and see if this is actually legal. Businesses typically have to obey certain laws and regulations regarding the storage and usage of customer credit card data.

Hope that helps answer your question though!

If you have any further questions, please direct them to our support system (see my signature). We'll be able to better help you through there as we don't monitor other support forums as actively as our own.

7. macrumors 68000

thewitt

We store credit card information in an offline, encrypted database, but not in 1password. Be sure you check the regulations with your credit card processor before you store your customer's credit card information.