1st Gen iPod 5gb. What do I do with it?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by machacker, Aug 4, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 25, 2008
    So I work at a Campus Apple store. Recently someone came into the store and wanted to Recycle an old Powerbook G4 Titanium and an original iPod. Now, the computer it took me a bit to get up and running, but the iPod was perfect. Perfect condition, everything working. No scratches no dents. Nothing.

So now what do I do? A friend is possibly buying the computer. But what should I do with the iPod?

I'm hurting for cash right now, but I also want to make sure I get a good price. I don't have the box, but like I said, the iPod is in GREAT shape. Like new. I look online and stuff and it seemed like those models were collectors items and would sell for decent cash. Is that wrong?
  2. macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
  3. macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    San Francisco
    I don't think it's wrong. Reuse is more environmentally friendly than recycling, and the guy who had them just wanted to get rid of them.
  4. macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    Go to the Collector's forum here and shop it around. Someone will buy it.
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah. I mean I'm not throwing them out. So I suppose I am still honoring his wishes.

So where would I go to sell it though? I don't want to get in trouble here, I know your not allowed to sell outside of the marketplace forum.