Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
I've been looking around online and have some conflicting reports on the 1st Gen iPod's Windows compatibility... It seems to be listed as Mac only, but people say it works with Windows iTunes... I'm ASSUMING they work, but it can't hurt to ask.

Also, will the Firewire to USB and A/C power adaptor they sell now work with a 1st Gen and Windows iTunes?

Thanks,
Rob

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Yes they work with windows, you can get programs like Xplay. For the AC USB-Firewire, i would think so, but thats not a yes.

thanks

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Yes they work with windows, you can get programs like Xplay. For the AC USB-Firewire, i would think so, but thats not a yes.

thanks

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
FWIW, from what I have been able to find, the 5gb units will work with Windows, assuming you use the Windows firmware updater available from Apple, but it is Firewire only, you need the Dock connector to use a USB cable. A firewire PCI card is cheap than the USB cable anyways ;) .

Rob

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
mrgreen4242 said:
A firewire PCI card is cheap than the USB cable anyways ;)

How scarily true! $15 for the card, and then $45 for a cable! (I won't tell you where... but I think every one can get some idea....)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.