1st gen; WHY?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

i just got back another 1st gen mini, how come apple always knows what to send you? surely i deserve a 2nd gen by now, right?- 2gne have been out for months...

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

eh?

Didn't know there was much difference except 2nd gen had 6GB models. iPod mini are discontinued anyway.
    :confused:

3. GreeneGirl7 macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

What are you talking about? The battery replacement program? Or a replacement iPod under Apple Care?

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

because they know what the original item was under their warranty, duh

5. Cfg5 macrumors regular

Haha, I just got another 1st gen from apple too for my replacement. It kept on rebooting so I sent it back a couple days ago...hopefully they give me a 2nd gen for all this trouble. ;)

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i think the second generation the click wheel icons thingys are the same color as the mini, so that's one give away and also they look when you purchased it ;)

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Aside from the obvious that they can check the serial number in their system, the back of the 2g mini's have the capacity etched on them. The 1g do not.

I had to exchange a mini 2 times in about a week. The first time I did it in an Apple retail store, the next time I did it through the mail. I got a 1g back both times.

Apple probably has 10,000's refurb mini's they need to get rid of, so I wouldn't expect to be getting a 2g in it's place.

8. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

ah...... i was really banking on the second gen. and yeah,i know they know what kind mine was, i was just hoping theyd be thru witth all the 1gens by now... maybe next timme

9. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Different shades of colour, longer, (18 vs 8), battery life too.

If you got a replacement mini rev. b, unless you hated the different colours, you would usually be happier.

Now sending out nanos as replacements for minis, (as some will be hinting at in the next few months), that would be plain crazy.