1st of April

Discussion in 'Community' started by redAPPLE, Mar 29, 2005.

1. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i am thinking about pulling an april fool's joke on some colleagues.

but this year, i am having trickster's block.

can anyone help? it has to be fun, i might pull it on my boss and it shouldn't be that "harsh".

bring on the suggestions guys!

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    So i guess chloroforming him and fed-exing him to vegas is out.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If you can be bothered to do it, I think the foil office takes some beating ;) :D

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

My sense of humor leans toward the cruel side, so I'll stay silent, but the foil office is pretty cool.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Put up a police "KEEP OUT" yellow tape blocking his office, and chalk up a shape of a dead person in it.

"Yeah, I heard someone got murdered in there..."

6. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Put an ad in the paper for a realy nice car at a very cheap price, and put the boss' office number in it. Enjoy the flood of calls...

7. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

On the side opposite the way the door opens, put up a "wall" of empty soda cans. Opening the door won't disturb it (depending on the speed that the door is opened), not painful to crash through it (other than ear pain, loud). Takes about 24 dozen cans to cover standard doorway to height of 80 inches.

8. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Put glue on there chair, Mouse..etc. Glue is great

Or Put an animal in there rooms...like a snake(non venemous).

Or sign them up for spam...they'll love you for that.

Or buy them a p-p-p-powerbook..hehe

Or get an embarrasing picture of them and photocopy....

......cant really think right now...but i will keep u updated on some more cruel ideas.

9. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Very good....will try it

10. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

would a big paper like the tribune call to confirm the number?

11. Poeben macrumors 6502

I am working on an applescript that will, among other things, change the desktop picture, hide all open apps, and play a movie clip. Now if only someone could tell me how to change the default language to French via applescript I will be all set. :p

12. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure. When I sold my car, I put it in the Denver Post (biggest paper here) and they didnt call to confirm. It just showed up in the paper.

13. redAPPLE thread starter macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

you got it :p

14. redAPPLE thread starter macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

let's hear it.

15. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Very tame, but easy to do... harmless.. and you can get everyone.

Stay late, then walk around with a reel of scotch tape and tape down the button under the ear piece on everyone's phone. In the morning sit back and wait for the "What the ****?" coming seconds after their phone rings.

16. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

One of my officemates took another officemate's phone down to shipping and receiving and blew urethane foam around it, put it back on his desk plugged in and then called him up while he was staring at the lump.

He also switched the H and G keys on the guys terminal (he was half hunt and peck, half touch typist) and then remapped the keyboard so it matched the reversed positions.

17. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Wow... that would really piss some folks off around here. How do you remap the keyboard?

18. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

You hit the setup key. Go into terminal settings. Input/Output Options. keyboard.

This was on an old amber terminal.

19. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

under that same theory / style put a piece of tape under their optical mouse ... its old but you can't hel pbut laugh when they check the USB connection and see that the computer is working fine. the smalelr the piece the less noticeable

20. Poeben macrumors 6502

it also might be funny to take a screenshot of their desktop and set it as their desktop picture. Move all the icons off the desktop and watch as they wonder why they can't click on anything. For added effect, figure out how to disable the dock.

21. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

To disable the dock, just put on hiding, and set it to the top edge. Makes it so you just plain can't access it for some reason.

Best prank ever:

Single/Multi Toilet Version:

http://formen.ign.com/news/17320.html

The Greatest Prank in the World

How to get your mischief on with a minimum of fuss or money. Corporations beware!

March 31, 2000

Prank: Toilet Blocking

Equipment Cost: $2.00

Ease of Execution: Extreme

Effectiveness: Astronomical

Comments: Revenge budget a bit tight? Big corporation pissing you off? Looking for straight-out malicious April Fools Prank? Well, sit tight. Today I will share with you what is without a doubt my favorite prank and an extraordinarily effective means of corporate sabotage: the sponge trick.

Supplies:

* Sponge/s - preferably the large, industrial variety
    * String
    * Scissors
    * Pockets
    * Brass balls

The setup is very simple. You don't need anything except what I listed above. You don't need an accomplice, although these adventures are often more fun when pulled off with a comrade. Whether or not you act alone, here are...

The Instructions:

* Wet sponge and squeeze into extremely tight ball.
    * Wrap short length of string around wet sponge ball.
    * Allow sponge to dry.
    * When thoroughly dry, snip off string.
    * Take sponge ball/s to enemy bathroom.
    * Flush toilet.
    * Drop in sponge ball as water goes down toilet.
    * Calmly and coolly leave the premises.

What happens? The sponge expands as it gets wet. But it is getting wet as the current goes down the pipes. The effect is a well-clogged pipe because the sponge will not fully expand until it is a good distance down the pipe.

Important: You must not drop in the sponge and then flush the toilet, as the sponge will just expand and bob around in the bowl. Flush then drop.

Keep in mind that you could carry around a good number of these little bombs in a jacket. If you use a backpack, forget about it. You could easily tote around a few hundred and really party ass. A big company will have several bathrooms and it takes seconds to run down a line of toilets, bombing each one. You can really hit several toilets in under one minute.

The other nice thing about this prank is that the required materials are cheap and totally legal. Plus, the prank doesn't hurt anyone. Ignore anyone who says that this type of mischief costs money to fix and will ultimately hurt the consumer. If you hit a credit card company, oil company, or something along those lines, you should not feel an ounce of guilt. They are already screwing you.

That's all. And be careful out there.

Whole building in one shot version:

Yeast Bunnies

You've probably never heard of this one. It is quite similar to the sponge in the toilet trick except much more vicious. My friend did this at one of the residence halls at his college and they had to evacuate half the building. He was expelled for doing it -- he couldn't keep his mouth shut about his heroic feat -- so be careful whom you telling about your deeds. Let's get down to business. What you need is:

# A Large box of the sh*&$est tea you can find (100 teabags at least)
    # Lots of yeast
    # Lots of sugar

Empty each teabag of its contents, then fill it 2/3 sugar and the rest with yeast. Make like a huge pile of them so you can be sure you won't run out. Also, make sure to staple together the top of the tea bags so they are sealed closed.

Now for the fun part: Find a building to sabotage, preferably a school of some sort or maybe a dorm. Visit each bathroom and flush 5-10 baggies down the toilet. Then make sure to STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE PLACE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. The entire sewer system will be infested with colonies of fermenting yeast and as a result feces will be oozing all over the place - out of every toilet, sink, shower drain, and anything else connected to the sewers.

PS: For even more cruelty, throw in some thick rubber gloves filled halfway with the same mixture plus water. Flush them down along with everything else (you might have to down size them a bit). Many people will be wondering what is bursting inside their walls... until s%#t comes oozing out everywhere and there is not a single spared pipe in the building

22. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Dude you're just plain evil :eek:

23. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Someone sent me this pic a long time ago and I keep meaning to do it to my boss but haven't got around to it.

I did pull a prank on him though with those little furry bugs that you get at exhibitions that stick on your monitors. Every day I added a new one to his monitor until they stretched all along the top and down each side. I moved onto the keyboard after that. He got really pissed off with it in the end because no-one would own up to doing it. He ended up throwing them all away but I managed to get my hands on several dozen of them and filled his drawers with them. I told him that I thought his computer must have a virus or something......he wasn't particularly amused :)

Attached Files: