1st stupid thing said today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DrStrangelove, Apr 1, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

Mar 26, 2006
    Usually I make it till about lunch before I stammer my first stupid remark. Today it happened a little earlier than that.

I've been showing my 3 year old daughter how to use the PS2 over the past week (she sees me playing on the computer and wants to do something herself). Anyway, this morning I'm sitting here reading macrumors and I notice that she has the controller cable unwound and she's dancing with it wrapping it around herself.

And what did I say?

"Honey, what are you doing-- that's not a game!"

Yeah, after a week of telling her it IS a game. 3 year olds, as a follow-up to my above statement, only become more puzzled when you say, "Well, you know what I mean." They don't. :)

She's now playing with the cord and I'm allowing it. I mean, it's a game, right?
  2. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    Sure, lets go with that. But next time tell her that wrapping the cord around her isn't a game, but having the controller plugged in makes it a game! And if she just gets more confused, it's not my fault, K?

Honestly, I'd get really confused too. Really really confused. I reccomend holding back on the PS2 for a bit, just so she can learn a bit more about it, and understand more;).
  3. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    Sounds like she needs an XBox 360 with wireless controllers.....:D