2.1 speaker upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by derajfast, Oct 6, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    i have harman kardon soundsticks (originals) and at first i loved them, but for some reason, lately they havent been sounding too good,........vocals sound very muffled to me......i bought sennheiser hd650 headphones whcih are ultra high fidelity....but i dont think thats why i think they sound poor all of a sudden....so what are some good speakers to buy? great quality 2.1 systems....i like good clean bass...i dont want something that will rattle windows for the sake of it, i want to hear the notes in the bass.......no 5.1 systems because i live in a dorm....im thinking the altec lansing fx6021, but was just wondering if anything better has come out
  2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    not the klipsch pro-media 2.1's....

i have them. they suck. great for parties, huge bass. but it's not clean at all.
  3. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    i hate big bass......i like crisp bass....thats why i love my headphones......too bassy ruins it...i hate people who turn their bass all the way up in cars
  4. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Have yuo gone into a store to listen to a set of Altec Lansing FX6021 speakers? That should help you make your decision. And since you liked how the Soundsticks sounded before they degraded the FX6021 is probably the speakers you want soundwise.

How loud did you play your SoundSticks? You may have damaged the speakers by playing them way too loud. Also, how old are they? Mind are 2 and half years old and still good.
  5. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    i never played them that loud........probably about 2 years old
  6. Kalinatek macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2005
    i have the HK Soundsticks 2 and they sound great , check them out in any apple store u will c them on display , just take a cd u like to the shop to hear them they way u like
  7. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Apr 25, 2004
    Consider the Swan M200's. They are a 2.0 setup (meaning no subwoofer), but they feature 5.25" drivers and thus can deliver more than enough bass without the loud "booming" sound of a subwoofer. They are also offer some of the cleanest, smoothest sound available in multimedia speakers. Check out this review for more info.