2 + 2 = (well, it's fuzzy)

Discussion in 'Community' started by wwworry, Dec 25, 2002.

1. wwworry macrumors regular

White House Aides Push for 50% Cut in Dividend Taxes

...The 50 percent cut would cost the Treasury more than $100 billion over 10 years, and the tax benefits would overwhelmingly flow to the nation's very wealthiest taxpayers.

+

Bush Seeks Increase in National Debt Limit

...The deputy Treasury secretary, Kenneth W. Dam, in a letter to the House speaker, J. Dennis Hastert, cited the cost of combating terrorism and the economic slowdown for the government's growing indebtedness.

Yes I know $100 billion is small beans but the last tax cut that overwhelmingly went to the very wealthiest taxpayers didn't help much either.

2. Goblin2099 macrumors member

As dumb as Bush is, this is intentional...by increasing the national debt and lowering the government's source of revenue, Bush can say that spending is too high and then make cuts from Medicare and Social Security.

Hail to the thief.

3. cubist macrumors 68020

Oh well let's hear you Hypocrats suggest some tax cuts.

Bill Clinton reneged on his promise for a tax cut before he even took office!

Hypocrats love for OTHER people to pay more taxes. "Soak the rich", that's their mantra.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Democrats believe that its their money, they know how to spend your money better than you do.

5. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    lets just stop taxing all democrats. increase taxes to the rich. because, as wdlove stated, it is THEIR money anyway. their (most rich) the ones who work all hours for it. their the ones who when to school 4-11 extra years. their the ones who went into debt to get a better life.

they owe it to people who are too lazy to go that extra mile. people who have another kid to bring in more cash. those people deserve it.

6. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

When will the democrats finally realize that Bush is a) not a moron, and b) not a criminal mastermind? And even if he was one of those, you can't be a criminal mastermind and a moron at the same time.

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

good point. 2nd post debunked. case closed.

now can we all drop this sh*t? or are we fixated on lies?

its stupid.

8. Glossybear macrumors member

Two Words:
    White Privilege

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Wait till ~2030 and whites will be a minority. Here in Boston I'm a minority already.

10. Judo macrumors regular

Having the most powerful job in the world, while getting C grades at school dosn't cut it for me. He is a moron for the job he has.

He has been arrested for drunk driving (which he tried to cover up), so he is a criminal. Has nothing to do with running a country I know, but it kinda gives you a glimpse as to what kind of person he is.

I could tell more but I'll just get called a lying Democrat.

A question Kross.
    In the florida election, people with the same name as criminals where told they could not vote, this is because Jeb Bush made it so. I'm sure you don't think this is fair, but dosn't it sound dodgy to you??

11. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

no ones perfect and if everyone in washington were not elected because of some bad in thier history we would have a lot of empty seats up there.

a lot of smart people make bad grades in school. im not saying Bush is smart im just making the point that your argument isnt really that big of a deal. didnt einstien fail math somewhere in his grade school years? also didnt quienton terrentino drop out of high school? my point is that sometimes your past doesnt affect how you will perform in the future. there is always time for change and for learning and growing. the time is now. granted there are cases when your past should directly affect your future.... but in the case of Bush.... he did his time and he is a changed man. i beleive it. you dont have too. everyone has the right to believe what they want. im not saying Bush is a smart man.. im saying he is hella more honest and concerend for our country then Gore or Clinton... and thats my opinion.

whats the whole story behind this? there is always 2 sides to some given information. id like to find out whats up with this myself... but alas what does it have to do with Bush's charachter in office... if anything it wouldnt be as nearly as bad as clintions.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with you krossfyter, thank you for your astute analysis. George's intelligence, not just anyone can be a fighter pilot.

After all Bush has an approval rating of 63%.

13. wwworry thread starter macrumors regular

"Blah blah blah" is what you all say. Read the first post. I'll paraphrase it for you:

Bush cuts taxes for the super wealthy while the national debt gets ever larger.

Is this responsible? Spending is not being cut. You are going to pay for that tax cut (unless you are of the lucky few who will benefit from it).

or

Why do the majority of the tax cuts only go to the super wealthy? Why is he cutting taxes (for the people who need the money the least) when the deficit is getting bigger?

Just a reminder, neither Clinton or Nixon is president anymore.

14. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Oh well let's hear you Hypocrats suggest some tax cuts.

It's funny how any criticisms of Bush lead to counter-criticisms of Clinton and "Hypocrats." What the hell does Bill Clinton have to do with anything? How is what you said a cogent argument? For all you know, everybody who criticized Bush in this thread up 'til that point disliked Clinton and Democrats as well.

15. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    sure. have you ever seen how much poor white trash there is out there?

those are the people wanting the rich to pay their (W.T.) way.

You must be racist if that comment of mine brings non-white peole to your mind. You go ask a cop, a doctor, someone who works with all people, and the dirtiest, laziest, most worthless people most of the time are white.

16. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thanks for demeaning us.

an opinion is a wonderful gift aint it?!

:D

17. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Re: Oh well let's hear you Hypocrats suggest some tax cuts.

just to make the point that bushes negatives are a ray of golden sunshine compared to clintion. to put things in perspective maybe. i hate to use clinton as a comparison but man... some people act like bush is a monster when in reality if he is ... he is but a small one compared to clinton. kinda should make us feel a bit relieved that someone is not in office in which his own concern is his legacy or himself only (selfish).

just my opinion.

18. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Re: Re: Oh well let's hear you Hypocrats suggest some tax cuts.

My point was that even if Clinton or whoever was Stalin x 1000, he would still have nothing to do with this. What happened was:

1) Person A attacked President A
    2) Person B attacked President B in response to Person A attacking President A, in order to counter Person A's argument

?!?!?!?

Come on now, that doesn't make any sense. That's what's wrong with political arguments - there are too many impassioned, not-critically-thinking people participating in them. It's amazing how some people can make perfect sense in every other aspect of their thought processes but be a complete burning shambles when it comes to being politically coherent...

19. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I think we need to have a classification on these political threads: YAPT- Yet Another Political Thread...

Moderators should stamp this prefix to the subject of any thread that goes into political mayhem...

As far as 2+2, I was always taught that it equals 42, but maybe it's just me... :cool:

Oh, and this is the first post with my new 'tar... What a place to post it...

20. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh well let's hear you Hypocrats suggest some tax cuts.

i know i know i saw your point a long time ago. however i was goin after person C who attacked president B and goin after person A who is trying to paint president A as a monster when in fact President B makes him look like a kitty kat in perspective.
    point is... get over it (not you alex) .. president A's wrongs arent that bad and infact the whole first post might not be true... but if it is... no need to cry over it.... it aint that bad when you put it in perspective.

i could be wrong... but hell im just human it happens.

im no elitist.

;)

21. wwworry thread starter macrumors regular

When Bush supporters are worried they start talking about Clinton, really like clockwork.

Let's not talk about Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, Carter or Ford, because compared to Nixon, Clinton is a Saint, because compared to Bush, Bush is a monster.

Bush cuts taxes for the super-wealthy while raising the national debt limit.

We will all (unless you are of the lucky few who will benefit from it) have to pay for it. It gets even more expensive for us (the vast majority of taxpayers) because the the interest we have to pay on the debt. Why is my money going to pay for this Christmas gift to the super wealthy?

22. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Well, considering that the "super-wealthy" already earned their money, you are not paying for their gift.

A movie quote comes to mind about this thread.

"She is a witch! Buuurn her! She turned me into a newt! ..... ???? .... It got better." (Monty Python's Holy Grail).

We are always looking for a scapegoat for our problems. Hitler pointed to the jews, Serbians pointed at the muslims and croatians, democrats point to republicans and vica-versa.

It's time we look at ourselves as individuals and start with the changes at home and locally .

23. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Re: Re: Re: Oh well let's hear you Hypocrats suggest some tax cuts.

I'm assuming you mean Clinton, but Bush is worried about his role in the textbooks, too...He's grooming Frist (the new majority leader) to become the republican presidential candidate in 2008, over his own brother Jeb. Why? Because he doesn't want to be the middle Bush in the dynasty.

No, Bush isn't a complete imbecile. But he is not an intelligent man, either. He does not have the skills necessary to be an independent thinker and to make the decisions that shape our lives. Good thing Mr. Halliburton himself is making sure Bush doesn't forget his lines.

For the record, I'm not a democrat. I don't believe in big government spending...but to me, that includes the military.

24. cubist macrumors 68020

Hypocrats hate ALL tax cuts.

You all have misinterpreted me as comparing Bush to Clinton. That was not my point at all.

Hypocrats hate ALL tax cuts. They use any excuse to complain about them. When Virginia set out to eliminate the automobile property tax, a tax that severely impacted poorer people, they couldn't oppose it on the grounds that it benefited the rich -- so they opposed it on the grounds that it was fiscally unwise, despite the fact that Virginia had a surplus. No more, of course, since a Hypocrat was elected this year, spending is outstripping income once again. He has already tried to raise taxes.

Hypocrats hate tax cuts on principle -- note how some of the respondents clearly view the money as belonging to the government, not the taxpayer? You have to go all the way back to the Kennedy administration, 40 years ago, to find a Hypocrat administration enacting a tax cut, and that only a modest one.

If you sincerely believe in the Hypocrat party and agenda, ask yourself: Why is it that no tax cut is ever possible with your party? Why must taxes and spending always increase?

25. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Re: Hypocrats hate ALL tax cuts.

Carter = low debt, nearly balanced budget
    Clinton = balanced budget.

Reagan = trillions of debt spending
    Bush = more of the same
    Bush Jr. = abandon the balanced budgets, and propose deficit spending.

Taxes have to go up to pay for the spending. Now, you can complain all you want about spending on social programs, but the military's budget is huge compared to nearly everything else. If you really want taxes to go down, you have to take a slightly more open view of things than, "it's all the democrat's fault."

Oh, by the way, you kept referring to the "hypocrats." I thought you were referring to the Republicans! You do know the definition of a hypocrite right? If not, I'd be happy to provide you with the definition.