Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've seen things like this before written up. Its never been all that clear what they did with the batteries, but it is interesting.

D

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
I heard about this a while ago, at least i assume it is the same one. They conjectured that it might have been used for electroplating objects with gold and silver.

zuffen

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2001
I have you never seen the upper lip on a Iraqi woman....early form of electrolysis....

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
MacOsRumors...

Apples holding back the release of the new iPod to incorperate the 2,200 year old battery found in baghdad. It is claimed it will allow 100 hour of playback Apple were unavailable for comment.

conceptdev

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2002
I saw this story, was interested - whent over to slashdot looking for some geek perspective - found what may turn out to be the Iraq flamewar of the week.

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
Originally posted by conceptdev
I saw this story, was interested - whent over to slashdot looking for some geek perspective - found what may turn out to be the Iraq flamewar of the week.

link, please?!!! this has got to be great! i swear, the people at slashdot can argue over anything.

GeneR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
The land of delusions, CA.
Now here's the kicker...

FADE IN:

INT. ANCIENT TEMPLE - DAY

A LONE MAN struggles against a large stone slab. Sweat trickles down his forehead. He grabs a crowbar and with a GRUNT manages to yank the mighty stone aside.

There is a GROAN of stale air exploding into the room. The lone man covers his face with a clothe. He waits. The dust clears as he enters the room.

INT. ANCIENT TEMPLE - ANTECHAMBER - DAY

The room is filled with large ceramic jars. The lone man lights a torch and enters. The light is not strong enough to illuminate the room, however he presses forward.

His foot catches something.

He trips. The room reverberates with the echo of his footsteps.

He presses forward.

Suddenly, he stops. He GASPS.

Before him is a glowing object: something square, no, rectangular. It's about a foot and a half tall... has a small square design in front, and a small rectangular line about three inches wide below the design.

He pulls out his book. It's filled with hieroglyphics and suddenly notices that there are walls in this chamber that happen to have the exact same symbols.

His eyes follow the different faces of the different figures plastered across the wall. Some look egyptian. Others look familiar... Some look like two characters in an epic battle.

VOICE (O.S.)
Professor?

The lone man (hereafter known as "PROFESSOR") turns around.

PROFESSOR
I'm here.

A younger man, NEWTON, walks in.

NEWTON
So, you've finally opened the vault.

PROFESSOR
Yes. And I think I've found something.
All the prophecies are true... see these
symbols on the walls? Those are
what have been...

NEWTON
(point to another wall)
And those...?

PROFESSOR
And those are where we are now.

Newton freezes as he examines the figures in the dim light.

NEWTON
Professor, that man there -- I know his face.

PROFESSOR
Him? You should. Steven Jobs. The other one --
the one cloaked in darkness -- Gates.

NEWTON
Ah!
(looking around)
And these ceramic jars?

PROFESSOR
Batteries...

NEWTON
Wow. So, even back then those ancients
had an idea about things to come...

PROFESSOR
Yes. We are living in an age of darkness
right now. We are also at a junction point
where the armies of Good must combat
the armies of Darkness...

NEWTON
You mean?

PROFESSOR
Yes. We are living in the end times.
Even now there are forces amassing
around the world over the next
operating system...

NEWTON
Wow. Cool.

PROFESSOR
But you won't live long enough to
see it, I'm afraid...

NEWTON
Ouch... (That'll leave a mark...)

FADE TO:

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.