Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
yep... looks like new ipods are coming for sure now.. seems though the minis and shuffles won't be touched... i say the reg ipods go color but no photo/video option.. while a new mediapod is released... the reg ipods should be able to view album artwork though...

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
CubaTBird said:
yep... looks like new ipods are coming for sure now.. seems though the minis and shuffles won't be touched... i say the reg ipods go color but no photo/video option.. while a new mediapod is released... the reg ipods should be able to view album artwork though...

No, I think they will drop photo and make ALL regular-sized iPods with Photo's abilities + maybe video. Their line-up of reg iPods should look like:

(all with color screens)
20GB
30GB
40GB
60GB
maybe 80GB:D

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I use to be really caught up on having a video iPod. Now that I have been thinking about it what is the real use? I don't think I will use it more than 2 times a year.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
the 60 gb photo's ship time has increased... :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 313

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
CubaTBird said:

yeah, there are waaaaaay too many shuffles in the pipeline to be refreshed this early. i think apple will go back to having one mini size after the shuffles are updated... i'm guessing 1GB and 2GB shuffles, and 6GB or 8GB minis.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Is this (slightly) increased shipping time really a good indication that new 'Pods are coming out? I just bought a 30GB iPod Photo yesterday so I can store photos on my upcoming trip, but I haven't gotten a chance to open it yet. Do you think I should return it and wait for the newer models? The only change I would really care about is a lower price--feature wise, the current lineup does everything I need.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
jamdr said:
Is this (slightly) increased shipping time really a good indication that new 'Pods are coming out? I just bought a 30GB iPod Photo yesterday so I can store photos on my upcoming trip, but I haven't gotten a chance to open it yet. Do you think I should return it and wait for the newer models? The only change I would really care about is a lower price--feature wise, the current lineup does everything I need.

yeah dude, if it has not been opened i say return it and wait for the new ones.. at least i would... the price of the current photo's would most likely be lowered anyway

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
yes!!! i got the money to buy one and n my grandmom said she would pay for half. Unless the go over about $800 i can get one

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
CubaTBird said:
yeah dude, if it has not been opened i say return it and wait for the new ones.. at least i would... the price of the current photo's would most likely be lowered anyway
Okay, I guess I'll do that (it hasn't been opened yet). I hate playing the waiting game, but if updates really are just around the corner, I can wait a little while. I thought shipping times just kind of fluctuated randomly with supply/demand. I mean, when I was at the Apple Store the other day, there was a whole wall of 20GB iPods and 30GB/60GB iPod Photos.

It is obvious that Apple needs to update the 20GB iPod, though. It really has no place in the iPod line since the Photos were last updated and brought down to $350

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
come on, now.... 2-4 days? 3-5 days? That's completely normal! in order to release an entirely new line, apple would have to up their shipping times to at least a week. Has anyone heard any legitimate rumbilings about new iPods? I haven't..

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
you know what's going to be hilarious.. if on the 7th like all apple comes out with is the release of motto phone with cingular and thats it..

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
cool! i am waiting for the 5th gen iPod. my gf has been wanting one for her birthday, but her birthday was about 3 weeks ago. i kept reading speculation on 5th gen iPods, and asked her if she could wait...she accepted. ;)

not only does she want one, but i want one also. i'd really like to use one for my serato scratch software when i DJ. way cool!

spacefreak4

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2005
Virginia
Just for everybody's information (in case you don't know...) A few weeks ago the Mac mini's shipping time went up to a few days or to a week (in some stores), and many people got excited that the revision was coming. Nothing has happened as of yet, so I'm guessing, using the same logic, no new iPod will come out soon, though it is possible. However, I'm pretty new to this Apple guessing game.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
spacefreak4 said:
Just for everybody's information (in case you don't know...) A few weeks ago the Mac mini's shipping time went up to a few days or to a week (in some stores), and many people got excited that the revision was coming. Nothing has happened as of yet, so I'm guessing, using the same logic, no new iPod will come out soon, though it is possible. However, I'm pretty new to this Apple guessing game.

key point made there.. hrm...

gskiser

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Here are a few rumblings...

pdpfilms said:
come on, now.... 2-4 days? 3-5 days? That's completely normal! in order to release an entirely new line, apple would have to up their shipping times to at least a week. Has anyone heard any legitimate rumbilings about new iPods? I haven't..

I have. As with any rumor, legitimacy is of course relative. However, I do believe new ipods (5G's) are likely. They 4Gs came out July of 04, so it is about time for the 5Gs. ThinkSecret reported on the 5G's back in January, but said they would not be released until mid-year...which is where we're at now. Secondly, Appleinsider just reported that new ipods are probable to coincide with the new iTunes release. Links for both reports "rumblings" are below:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0501briefly2.html

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1148

A shipping delay is not normal for the 20 gig iPod. They've been at same day shipping for all of 2004...at least in the US. I predict we'll see the 5G by the first week in July. I'm sure color screens will be standard, but as other posters have mentioned, I'd really like to see bluetooth or even 802.11 incorporated if possible. Thinksecret did predict that the 5G's will be a new design, moving away from the traditional white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.