2 Apple TV Simultaneous Home Sharing?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Gala, Jan 3, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I have 1 Apple TV and home share to it from my MBPro. If I have 2 Apple TVs (one in living room and other in bedroom) can I Home Share the both at the same time & could I Home Share the same movie/TV show at the same time?

2. macrumors 6502a

i homeshare onto 2 ATV all the time, never tried the same file at the same time but i cant see why not

3. macrumors 6502a

No issue does it easily.

4. macrumors 6502

Hi, I have two Apple TV units both sharing from the same iMac running iTunes. Works very well indeed. I like that I can either have the same music in both rooms or I can have different music in each room from the same library.
    It really is very cool.

5. macrumors 68040

You can share them at the same time, but they won't be in perfect sync (unless you can somehow coordinate and instant "play" command). I only point this out, because Audio you can play in perfect synchronization via Airplay, but videos are streamed to AppleTV's individually. Probably not a big deal to you, but it is a big deal if you wanted to have multiple AppleTV's playing the same thing within ear shot of each other (you will experience an echo affect otherwise)....

6. macrumors regular

I have six ATV on home share with no problems. However I did experience difficulties with my net gear router, which disappeared after I swapped it out for an AirPort Extreme.