2 Arrow Keys Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shirl, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Shirl macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I got a mac mini back in february, i think it has a 1 year warranty on it but the thing is i bought the keyboard seperately so im afraid i may need a new one if i cant fix this. Yesterday my right and down arrow keys stopped working. I checked under them and they look perfectly fine, they just dont respond. If you are a gamer you know how annoying this can be.

Could you please help me try to fix these keys? Or would it be easier to just buy a new keyboard?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Is it an Apple KB? Unplug your KB and stick it back in...see what happens.

Bless

3. Shirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i tried that, it didnt seem to work. Now I will admit this keyboard has taken a few drink spills. Im thinking maybe thats it. So im almost ready to just buy a new one. The slim keyboard looks quite nice (i like laptop keyboards so that one seems more appealing) would you reccomend that or getting a regular keyboard?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are you talking about apple KB? Get one that meet your needs.

Bless

5. Shirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep im talking about apple KB. I like the multimedia additions on the slim keyboard since im almost always in itunes. Besides that maybe ill still fix up this keyboard here (only those 2 arrows dont work) so it wont really be a loss of money.

6. Xenesis macrumors regular

Xenesis

Drink spills have the unfortunate effect of destroying keyboards, I've found. I don't really know how to fix it, unfortunately. But if you've spilled liquid on it and it's stopped working I can't imagine it being easily fixable.

7. Shirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I just popped all the keys off and cleaned the entire thing but alas those two still dont work. I already ordered the slim keyboard. It should be here in about 2 days so until then ill just have to play arrowless games. :) Thanks anyhow guys.

8. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm dealing with this same exact problem now. My left and down arrow keys stopped working in my A1016 Apple wireless bluetooth Keyboard. Tried turning it off and taking out the batteries and putting them back in and trying to use them again but that didn't do anything. Wonder if there's anything I can do

9. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, call Apple. The aluminum keyboards aren't exactly user-serviceable.