2 attempts to send iMessage

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Ultimacn, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi all. A question regarding iMessages in Mountain Lion. When I open up Messages and send a message to an iMessage contact, it always takes two attempts to send the initial message. Any messages after that go instantly.

If I then send a message to a different iMessage recipient once again it takes two attempts to send on the initial message.

Anyone having the same issues?

2. macrumors 6502

msjones

I get this issue occasionally. Also iMessage sometimes fails if you quit as soon as you've hit send.

3. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

No, however every time I launch Messages on my Mac, I end up quickly rolling my eyes and/or shaking my head. And that's not including the times when Messages launches itself, in which case I roll my eyes and/or shake my head.

Just this past weekend, it decided to completely stop working for both my wife and me. Status shows up as "Offline" and no messages can be sent or received.

Works fine on iPhones, not fine on Mac.

4. macrumors newbie

I have this issue ALL THE TIME! At least I'm not alone. Have managed to fix it?

5. thread starter macrumors member

The problem seems to happen less after the recent OS X update thankfully but issue not gone altogether...