2 button mouse and scroll!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Oats, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Oats macrumors regular

i dont know if this topic has been discussed before, but wouldn't it be to apple's advantage to put out a 2-button mouse with a scroll? i realize that they can be purchased and work well enough, but if apple would make them standard, i am sure we would see a lot more functionality across many different applications.

WHY is apple still sticking with the 1 button mouse?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Your right, this has been discussed many, many, many times....as has the possibility of a bluetooth wireless kbd and mouse, but why haven't they done any of it? I have no friggin clue, but it doesn't worry me, I just bought a logitech 2 button optical scroll wheel mouse and now I'm happy :)

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I think that they will wait now for the Bluetooth antennas to come down a bit more in price. It isn't reasonable to make a mouse based on Bluetooth yet. Too expensive. M$ makes a Bluetooth mouse that goes for $85. It is nice, but still too much for bundling with a computer. When they hit around $50, that is when it will probably be done.

As far as two buttons on the mouse, I think the next edition of an Apple mouse will finally include at least 2 and a scroll wheel. By now, just about everyone has used a computer at least a few time and can figure out 2 mouse buttons. The scrollwheel adds to ease of use as well.

We'll see.