2 Computers, One set of wire sorround speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dadio2002, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dadio2002 macrumors regular

dadio2002

OKay Hey all

I have my pc set up right now and im buying a powerbook really soon. I will be getting a kvm switch but I want also to be able to connect both of the systems to my speakers. Seems easy right, I have a set of 5.1 sorround sound speakers and have a seperate cable for the front speakers and one for the rear. So I dont think that I can connect it that easily. I was thinking of a mixer that I have but its old and only takes rca imputs. DOes anyone know how I can get this done?

Thanks

2. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Just use Y-joint cables. (Converges two cables to one)

You can use those to hook both computers to your sound system, and have them both produce sound through it simultaineously (if you had sound going on both at the same time).

I did that once when I had a powermac and my tv+dvd+xbox all hooked up to my surround sound. Worked great.

Of course you will be limitted with the pbook I believe, since I don't think it has a sound card cabable of 5.1 (but you could use the m-audio USB device that retails for $60)

3. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

from my pc it goes into the subwoofer which has front input and rear input how it make it work with that?

Here are the input pics.

Attached Files:

4. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

I use this kvm switch, which has audio switching and keyboard system toggle. Very nice.

Edit: but then looking at the ins at the back of your sub I don't think my kvm would work at all. Nevermind.

5. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

I know that another problem I was facing when I was looking at those.