2 external monitors with macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cayley, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cayley macrumors member

Mar 29, 2007
    What I'd like to do is have: Monitor - Macbook - Monitor

I found about the DualHead2Go through these forums. But they require the two external monitors to be next to each other to get continuity. Are there any other solutions where I can break them apart? Thanks
  2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Is it a MB or an MBP, with an MBP it's probably possible.
  3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2006
    the OC
    i never even knew about dualhead2go. either way, even if you could span two external displays with the built-in one, i wouldn't recommend it. when i span my macbook with an external 20" display, it feels sluggish, and i can only imagine how much slower three displays would feel.
  4. cayley thread starter macrumors member

Mar 29, 2007
    Unfortunately, the MBP is a bit out of my budget, so I'll be getting the MB.
  5. cayley thread starter macrumors member

Mar 29, 2007
    As far as using the DualHead2Go, the Macbook will just think of it as a single display, so it shouldn't be any more sluggish than with 1 display.

Unfortunately, I just found out it's impractical. The macbook specs specify it can do 1920x1200 on an external display. I'd want to do 2 1280x1024 displays , so it'd be 2560x1024... Oh well, just 1 it is :)
  6. gnasher729 macrumors G5

Nov 25, 2005
    It is limited to 2 x 1024 x 768 for the MacBook. So unless you have two old 15" monitors lying around that do nothing useful, it is quite pointless. With a MacBook Pro, they claim you can run 2 x 1920 x 1200 (with the lid closed)
  7. cayley thread starter macrumors member

Mar 29, 2007
    Yikes, even worse than I expected. Oh well, I really didn't need all that real estate anyway. It would've been damn cool tho :D
  8. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    So putting the MacBook aside, what is the best way to do this with a MacBook Pro? Would using the DualHead2Go still be the best practice?