Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donniedarko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Los Angeles
I just got a second 1 gb module in my 17" pb. It say in my ssystem profiler the second module is reversed could any one tell what this means. Here the dumb question do I need to reverse it. I know the card is notched for appropriate fit... Is the reversed thing good, bad or worse.
Thanks.....
xDx

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
donniedarko said:
I just got a second 1 gb module in my 17" pb. It say in my ssystem profiler the second module is reversed could any one tell what this means. Here the dumb question do I need to reverse it. I know the card is notched for appropriate fit... Is the reversed thing good, bad or worse.
Thanks.....
xDx

May i be the first to say... Huh? You can't put memory in wrong... It's notched. Besides... even if you could... OS X probably isn't going to tell you. It'd crash and burn.

donniedarko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Los Angeles
thanks, but......

I know about the notched deal as I installed and all is well...However the system profiler is saying that the memory card is reversed- I know if it was bad my OS would tell
see below-
SODIMM0/J20STANDARD:

Size: 1 GB
Type: DDR SDRAM
Speed: PC2700U-25330

SODIMM1/J23REVERSED:

Size: 1 GB
Type: DDR SDRAM
Speed: PC2700U-25330

What does reversed mean?? and is it ok? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.