2 iChat Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theman5725, Aug 13, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2006
    1. I want to keep my away message on when I'm not using my macbook. I also want to close it and put it to sleep. And I'd like to have some type of password to get back on (to prevent other people from acessing buddy list). Is there anyway to do this?

2. How do you do have a one way video chat with windows users? I've done it a couple times but it's always with the same person. Anytime i try to do it with somebody else i just get an error.

BTW, I'm using AIM on iChat.
  2. FredClausen macrumors regular

Aug 7, 2006
    For 1 Sys Prefs - Security, there is a box that says "require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver", that'll protect the buddy list :) Keep in mind though that when your MB goes to sleep the wifi shuts down and you're not actually online so you won't be "away", but you will be protected if someone wants to wake your MB up and snoop.

2 - I don't think there is a way to do video chats with windows users using iChat :/ Its a big feature, and I really really do want it, but for now we're out of luck. If you happen to use MSN at all, take a look at aMSN, an opensource MSN client with really great support for things likes MSN video chats.