Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katieville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
how do i get two library's on itunes so i can store mine and my sisters seperate ipods music on instead off deleting and adding songs we dont want from each other on one library, can anyone help me :)

Thanks,

Katie

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
katieville said:
how do i get two library's on itunes so i can store mine and my sisters seperate ipods music on instead off deleting and adding songs we dont want from each other on one library, can anyone help me :)

Thanks,

Katie
1. if you have win xp, set up to different computer accounts to keep you library and your sisters seperate.

2. set the ipods to update from a certain playlist and put all music into the itunes library and seperate them by playlists for you and your sister.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
you'll get more than you bargained for when you make a new account though: now the files you save (IE word files, music files) under one account, will be completely unaccessable under the other. It will be like you are working on two different computers.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
So maybe try syncing by playlist instead. This way, you don't have the hassle of two different user accounts but you can still transfer just your music to your iPod. :)

taytho

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
katieville said:

Thanks,

Katie

It sounds to me like your best bet would be just to set up your ipod to manually add songs instead of automatically add them.... it is under ipod preferences. That way you can add and subtract songs from your ipod and store all the music on the same library. It might be easiest.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
mad jew said:
So maybe try syncing by playlist instead.
I manage my 5G 30G and my wife's mini this way. She has a set of playlists she wants synced, and I have mine. Peaceful coexistance.

I would not recommend fully manual. I ran that way for a few months and was missing out on updated playcounts, etc...

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.