2 iPods one Computer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jTreu, Jun 16, 2006.

1. jTreu macrumors 6502

Is there any way to have 2 seperate libraries so i can auto update both ipods without putting music i want on one on the other?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The easiest way to do this would be to create a playlist (or a folder full of playlists) for each iPod, and then have each iPod set to only include that playlist or that folder of playlists...either that, or have separate user accounts. With Fast User Switching enabled, it wouldn't be too out-of-the-way to do it that way.

3. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

I use the poster's idea #1 effectively. I have access to the whole playlist when i am using the mac and my wife and son each have their own folder that is set to autoupdate their ipod whenever it is connected. works great.

4. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

my dad and step mom have the same problem.

they share a windows pc, 1 itunes library. i set it up to where my step moms auto updates, and my dads is manual update. i dont know if this is gonna work once she adds more songs because she doesnt want his songs, and vice versai have no clue what is gonna happen when they try to add songs, but it is fine for now.

how do i set it up with a lets say "dads ipod" playlist to update when that ipod is plugged in, and "stepmom ipod" playlist to update hers?

5. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

As the other posts stated, you can set each iPod to autoupdate to different playlists.

Personally, I'd rather your folks use separate user accounts to avoid the hassle.

6. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

probly the best idea. i'll set that up for them

7. Duke Mac macrumors newbie