2 iTunes questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mark!, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

1. Is there a way to sort playlists in the left coloumn the way you want to and not the way iTunes has themm? I want them in a specific order and iTunes isn't letting me do this. Is there a way?

2. Is there a way to make a smartplaylist or something of music that is music and not videos?

thanks in advance :)

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I'm not sure about the first question.

For the second question, you need to either add a comment to the music video's info screen, or change the genre to Music Videos (that's how I do it) and create a Smart Playlist to exclude that comment/genre.

3. calculus Guest

calculus

If I understand correctly what you are asking the way to put your playlists in the order that you want them is to make sure that it is the first column on the left that is highlighted in blue and not any of the other columns. To make this happen just click at the top of the column.

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Does this help for #2?

Attached Files:

5. luckylisp macrumors 6502

For Question 1, I don't think so. They just go in alphabetical order. Only way would be to rename them based on that. If you want to use specific names for them you could always just write something like:

P1 - title of playlist you want
    P2 - "
    P3 - "

6. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Yes, thanks :)

Yes, this works also. Thanks :)

I am not quite understanding what you mean either. I think you are talking about the column at the top of the playlist, actual window. I was talking about this left column:

[​IMG]

I want those playlists to be in the order I want them, is there a way to do that?

7. calculus Guest

calculus

OK. I misunderstood (I think) what you were asking. I thought you meant the order of the tracks within a playlist. If you mean you want your playlists to be in a particular order then you need to be creative about how you name them. iTunes puts them in alphabetical order. One way would be to give them all a number at the beginning of their name.

8. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i searched and couldn't find anything on apple's website. i didn't search google, but perhaps someone has created a plug-in of some sort that would allow this. for what it's worth, i think the numbering is a good suggestion so you don't have to actually mess with the guts of iTunes (by downloading a 3rd-party app, if there even is one).

good luck.

9. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

It's weird they don't give you the choice to do this. Thanks though :)
    I'll search more on Google & if I don't find it I'll submit it to Apple's feedback thing (if that'll even do anything)