2 .Mac Accounts - Possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PrometheusG5, Oct 7, 2004.

1. PrometheusG5 macrumors member

Can one have multiple .Mac subscriptions? If so, how would the iDisk be accessed from the Finder? Has anyone done this?

Inquiring minds want to know! LOL

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

sure

You can add an e-mail name to your account, but it does cost extra money. I can't remember how much right now, I think $15, but i could be wrong, I can't imagine it would be much more then that. It is just as easy to access your iDisk from the finder as it is your harddrive, just a little slower. It should just show up on the left side of the finder just like any harddrive connected to you computer. It acts just like any other drive as well, in that you can drag and drog stuff to and from it, very easy. Hope that helps a little.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

That wasn't the question he was asking... hes asking if you can have two completely separate .Mac accounts, not just email accounts, on the same computer. I would say... why? For $99/year you can get 1GB of storage added to a single .Mac account, instead of only getting 250MB + an extra email. You could mount 2 iDisks at the same time, but AFAIK, you could only setup OS X to "integrate".Mac accounts into all the shortcuts, etc, one at a time, but you could manually setup more in Mail, Finder, etc.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I was thinking that

but it just didn't make sense like you said so I just assumed he meant something else. The only other way I can think of to be able to have 2 .mac accounts on one computer is to make 2 accounts on the computer. That way, both can have all their stuff connected to their own iDisk.

5. PrometheusG5 thread starter macrumors member

No, I meant buying 2 separate, full .Mac memberships.

6. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Why do you want to do this? Sure, it's possible, but why?
    –Chase