...2 more questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ysp1, Dec 19, 2002.

1. ysp1 macrumors newbie

Dec 19, 2002
    Thanks for the earlier reply. I have two more (hopefully not stupid) newbie questions.

1. Having recently converted to PowerMac G4 from XP, i wrote many, many Word files using the Garamond font only to find that it's not part of the OS X presets. Where can i obtain (hopefully free) this font??

2. What is the best personal address/datebook for OS X? Is entourage really the best it gets?? I kept everything on Outlook 2002 and hope to find a similar program.

thanks in advance...

2. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
  3. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    entourage is similar to outlook...its works very well...other people here might rave about the apple address book, mail, and ical, which are good but if you already are going to buy office entourage is a fabulous email/addressbook/calendar..etc program
  4. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    I use Outlook 2000 at work for email...

... on Windows, and hate it like poison. :mad: It is the worst email program I've ever used; I'd rather use pine. It's like they took a stinky browser, some organizer pieces, some chunks of MS Word and other pieces of code and just crudely shoved them together. It's loaded with bugs, crashes all the time, works very poorly with Powerpoint and Word, the to-do list categories don't work, the calendar lacks basic features, the notes feature is a joke. Outlook is horrible compared to almost anything. Why would anyone want anything like Outlook? The answer can only be, they haven't tried anything else.

(ahem) Get a Palm, and use Palm Desktop 4.0. It's vastly better. Actually, you don't need a Palm, you can use Palm Desktop without one. For email, I think the mail.app is OK.
  5. ysp1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 19, 2002
    thanks for the tips. garamond is working like a pro now!