2 New Apple iPod Commercials?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Frisco, Oct 26, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

I love the 2 new iPod commercials. I think the eminem one will have a greater impact, but the U2 is my favorite.

Any way I have seen the eminem one over and over on TV. Has the U2 one been broadcast yet? I haven't seen it on TV, although I continue to watch it on the 'Special Event"

Just wondering if it aired yet?

2. macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I've seen both on TV. I'm in Canada.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Okay thanks! What's your favorite?

4. macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I prefer the U2 ad, but I agree that the Eminem one will probably have a bigger impact.

5. macrumors 604

Lacero

I think the Eminem ad is more memorable. People watching the U2 ad might think a new video-only iPod is being introduced. But then again, both ads target a different demographic, I think.

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

Nice observations! Both commercials are brilliant and give me that fuzzy feeling of being a proud Mac user.

Thanks for your replies!

7. macrumors G3

puckhead193

i think the U2 ad is better, the eminem one is just a jazzed up version of the silhouettes.

apple needs to advertise something else what about the new imac.....

8. thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah what about the iMac? Last Mac commercial I saw was for the PowerMac G5 (2 years ago) And what a boring commercial that was.

9. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I have seen the eminem commercial several times on all different (US) networks. Haven't seen the U2 commercial yet.
    I'm surprised the eminem commercial seems to be played more, I would have thought it would have been the other way around. I would have guess Apple would have wanted to show off their new iPod with the U2 commercial, while the eminem commercial is "just" another commercial for iTunes. If someone didn't check in on this kind of stuff, they may never know that Apple had a new iPod - after-all, the eminem commercial doesn't show that off.

10. macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I've seen the eminem, but not the U2.

I wish they'd put the U2 one on air because it is very impressive, when they pull away, and show it playing the video.