2 PC questions:

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by scem0, Oct 26, 2002.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I know this is a mac thread, but there are a good amount of PC users here, so I thought I would ask.

In IE 6, is there a way to just type in google (or macrumors, or any other site) in the adress input box, and have it automatically add the .com after it, like on Chimera, Mozilla, and other browsers?

and my other question:

What is the best program for listening to music. Right now I am using that JukeBox program that came with XP to listen to music, but it sucks royal arse. Is there something as good as iTunes, or anything close to iTunes? I want iTunes :::crying::::....

2. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

i seem to remember that you can type in google, then press cntrl-enter to get the .com on the end. if it is not the "control" key try alt or whatever.

3. vniow macrumors G4

I use Winamp for all my MP3s.

Musicmatch's jukebox software is supposed to be the best, but I'm too cheap to cough up $20 for it.

4. cubist macrumors 68020

Winamp is the best you're going to find.

Everybody has Winamp; it's not as slick as iTunes but it does the job. You'll have to manage the files and folders yourself.

However, according to the RIAA, Windows Media Player (a program I've never seen on any PC) is the leading music playing program on PCs.:confused: Supposedly it has visualizations.

5. vniow macrumors G4

Re: Winamp is the best you're going to find.

That's because MS is in bed with the RIAA.
    Many of the major labels have put copy-protected WMA files as hidden tracks on new CDs stating that the WMA format is the most widely used format on computers today.

Apparently they've never heard of MP3s.[​IMG]

6. Choppaface macrumors 65816

WMP comes build in with XP just as quicktime comes with OSX

winamp is great, but for some reason it (and WMP) kept skipping...i think it might be cuz i screwed up the audio drivers he he

in IE6, it should already have that auto fill feature thingy, where if you start typing a place you've been to before a list of sites flips down from the address bar

7. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Thanks, y'all. I will be trying out some progs I guess. Thanks.