Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
Last week I received my second ever mac and powerbook (see sig.). My first powerbook (titanium) arrived a bit more than 3 years ago with weird problem on the keyboard. The "0" key was extremely sensitive. All I had to do was rest my finger on it (without putting any pressure) and I'd get a hugely long row of 0's. Now 3 years later my new powerbook has exactly the same problem! Now the "L" key is extremely sensitive which is pretty annoying.
The Ti was easy to fix. Called apple and they fedexed a new keyboard with 2 days. The keyboard of the new powerbook however isn't user-replaceable so that'll make the process more laborious. I already contacted my local apple store so it should be fixed soon.

Strange and annoying coincidence though!

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
xJus10x said:
Not happening to me....

ok? that's great. i am so happy for you. but why even bother to post?. i am sure it's not happening to a lot of us. but that isn't going to help the person having the problem. freakin a.

mfacey: have you tried an external keyboard just as a test to see if the problem still persists?

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
tekmoe said:
ok? that's great. i am so happy for you. but why even bother to post?. i am sure it's not happening to a lot of us. but that isn't going to help the person having the problem. freakin a.

mfacey: have you tried an external keyboard just as a test to see if the problem still persists?

Yep, no problems when using my Apple BT keyboard. Its definitely a problem with the powerbook's keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.