2 Powerbooks, 2 exact same problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mfacey, Apr 30, 2005.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Last week I received my second ever mac and powerbook (see sig.). My first powerbook (titanium) arrived a bit more than 3 years ago with weird problem on the keyboard. The "0" key was extremely sensitive. All I had to do was rest my finger on it (without putting any pressure) and I'd get a hugely long row of 0's. Now 3 years later my new powerbook has exactly the same problem! Now the "L" key is extremely sensitive which is pretty annoying.
    The Ti was easy to fix. Called apple and they fedexed a new keyboard with 2 days. The keyboard of the new powerbook however isn't user-replaceable so that'll make the process more laborious. I already contacted my local apple store so it should be fixed soon.

Strange and annoying coincidence though!

2. xJus10x macrumors regular

3. tekmoe macrumors 68000

ok? that's great. i am so happy for you. but why even bother to post?. i am sure it's not happening to a lot of us. but that isn't going to help the person having the problem. freakin a.

mfacey: have you tried an external keyboard just as a test to see if the problem still persists?

4. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Yep, no problems when using my Apple BT keyboard. Its definitely a problem with the powerbook's keyboard.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    you could get it replaced. its not really worth the hassle but since u just bought you might as well