2 Problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, May 11, 2006.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey you guys, ive noticed to problems with my G5 lately. Both have came up after I had my Logicboard and Processor changed a month or so ago due to everyday crashes (oh how long it took to resolve that :eek: )

but issue one is, when I go to my Applications>Utilities>"activity monitor", I can no longer see that screen. It used to display my ram and all that good stuff, processing percent (im sure you guys know all about it)

I even go under the tap up top and go to the window and click on it to show while nothing.

Problem number 2 is, when I click the power button on my monitor at night to put the system to sleep, it used to take a matter of 1 or 2 seconds. Now it takes around 10 seconds or so. Im not running anything more then I was before.

any clues? :confused:

Edit: got problem 1 figured out. I have another 17" sony lcd that I hookup too and i guess for some reason, it was on that screen. haha, guess i havent ran duel screen in sometime!

2. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Problem number 2:

It can take a while sometimes to sleep. I guess it depends on what programs/processes are running. Also if there are any USB devices attached it has to correctly deal with.

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    for the activity monitor, try the key command CMD+3 I think that might be a shortcut for bringing up the window....but if you couldn't get it to work with the top drop down's, then it probably won't work with the key command, but it's worth a shot.:eek:

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

but its weird, it has never taken that long before. no new programs, no different things attatched via USB or Firewire

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does the sleeping problem carry across to other user accounts? :)