2 Questions: Rhythm Section & the Pod

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rkphoto, Feb 9, 2005.

1. rkphoto macrumors regular

rkphoto

Just wondering.

Has Anyone here used the Rhythm section Jam Pack? It looks like it could be pretty cool but I'm worried about it's easy of use and the quality of the beats provided. Any idea if it's worth the $99?

Has anyone used the Link 6 pod with Garageband? The basic setup I'm thinking of hooking up would be Guitar to Pod (for effects and amp modeling) and then Pod to Audio in on my iMac (Using the Griffin Garageband Guitar cord). Anyone tested a similar setup?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

RK

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The pod will work OK, if you like the sound it makes, personally I'm not a big fan, but it sticks out a line-level signal, plug it in and blast away... :D

3. rkphoto thread starter macrumors regular

rkphoto

If never been that blown away by the sound I've gotten from a Pod either but I figure it would be a good all around solution. I think my "Overlord" Overdrive (which actually contains a tube that is overdriven) would send out a signal that's too hot for the audio in and might damage my iMac. I think The Pod will also work well for non-amplified effect laden playing (I live in a big building with lots of sound conscious neighbors).

Thanks!
    rk