2 Questions...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jamescwarren, Oct 14, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2005
    Isle of Man
    I am getting a new MacBook. Question 1: Can I transfer all my widgets from my PB G4 to my new MacBook? Will they work or do I need to download them from Apple.com again and make sure they are universal? Do you get "Universal" widgets? I know how to transfer them and everything if they will work with the MacBook. Question 2: I have seen that you can change the log in screen background. You do this by dragging out the Aqua Blue.jpg from the Desktop Pictures folder in Library. You then put your desired log in background picture into the Desktop Pictures folder and name it Aqua Blue.jpg . Does doing this have any chance of messing up my MacBook? Or does it just like fool the computer? Thanks!
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Just about all widgets have no architecture-specific parts, so you should be able to simply pack up your old Library/Widgets and copy the contents over. If you find one that doesn't work, you'll know it needs an update :)

If the image you want to use works as a desktop picture, it should be fine as a login window picture. There's not much fooling involved, it's just an image.
  3. scr macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2006
    Malmö, Sweden
    I can see no reason why widgets would not work on an intel mac. The widget can be seen as some sort of plugin to the Dashboard-application, which is UB. And even if it were not, Rosetta would fix that problem and still let you run it.

As for the background image, it is just a file. As long as you replace it with the same filetype (e.g. jpeg) it should not matter.