2 Questions...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sjjordan, Jan 12, 2004.

1. sjjordan macrumors 6502

I have a powerbook G3 "firewire" and love it. Because it's 4 years old the battery lasts about 1.5 hours max.

1. Where is a good place to buy a new battery?

2. Can I use my new batter with my old "1.5 hour max" battery, or will that ruin the new one??

thanks

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

3. sjjordan thread starter macrumors 6502

My powerbook has an expansion bay so that I can use two batteries at once. I'm concerned that the old battery will have a negative effect on the new one as they are far from discharging electricity at the same rate.

4. Calliander macrumors member

?

Did you buy a special add-on to do this?

5. sjjordan thread starter macrumors 6502

No,

Before the Tibook, the powerbook had expansion capabilities. There is a latch that allows you to pop out the DVD player and replace that with a zip drive, an extra hard drive, a CD/RW, or another battery. It's really neat. I don't use my CD/RW very much so I thought about buying an extra battery and using two.

6. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    someone with your credentials SHOULD know the answer to this question. i skipped that line of powerbooks, but i still know exactly what is being asked.

as for the question, i doubt that one battery would affect the other, athough this is my educated guess, and not a fact.