Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charpi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
hi all, im going to get my first mac, macbook as soon as core 2 duo comes out on it, but i have a few questions about it....

1.Does typing on the keyboard generate alot of 'clicky' sound???

2. Can i use front row and the remote on the macbook when it is closed?? thinking of using it as an mp3 when its in my bag ;)

thnx alot

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
EDIT: Now that there's a question there I'll try to be helpful, not faecetious.

It's inherently possible that one reason we haven't seen C2D MacBooks and MBPs is that they will be completely redesigned, in that case only people within Apple HQ or clairvoyants could tell you anything about an unreleased product.

You could ask about the current MB, but you might not get anything like that.

It's also possible that the C2D only gets put into the MBP equivalent and like the mini the MacBook stays CD for now.

So far, you can't use the remote in clamshell mode since the sensor is on the same face as the screen. Currently clamshell mode (closed lid) also requires the connection of an external KB/mouse/monitor.

B

charpi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
ok done sry my com hanged halfway then auto entered....maybe thats y im switching to a mac...

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
balamw said:
So far, you can't use the remote in clamshell mode since the sensor is on the same face as the screen.
B

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the front row sensor is next to the sleep light indicator.

But i'm not sure if it'll work or not. might with external.

pjo

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2006
bklam said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the front row sensor is next to the sleep light indicator.

But i'm not sure if it'll work or not. might with external.

You are correct about the sensor - only it's an infrared sensor ... not a front row sensor.

Currently though, if you shut the macbook lid, it goes to sleep. If you click the "menu" button it wakes up the macbook - only for a few seconds. To keep it awake, you need to plug in a mouse or keyboard. Silly I know, but once woken up like that it won't go right back to sleep.

charpi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
so you mean that if i connect a mouse to it it will stay 'awake' and thus i can listen to music, switch songs using the remote on the go??

and does the macbook keyboard have any 'click' 'click' sound when u type on them?:D

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
charpi said:
so you mean that if i connect a mouse to it it will stay 'awake' and thus i can listen to music, switch songs using the remote on the go??

and does the macbook keyboard have any 'click' 'click' sound when u type on them?:D

no and no...

I've just tried this out on my MacBook and it will not stay awake with out an external display connected to the MacBook...

The keyboard for sure makes some noise when you use it but in my ears it is not like a click noise or maybe it is - now I can't really decide... :D but anywho it doesn't annoy me at all...

farqueue

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2006
amiga said:
Using your MB with its lid closed might cause it to over heat :)

wrong, ive never switched it off for about 2 months now

ive been playing half life 2 on it for like 6 hrs straight and it didnt overheat:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.