2 Xbox 360 Questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by runninmac, Apr 7, 2006.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Im about to go out and get a new Xbox 360 and have a few questions.

1. How easy is it to transfer your original Xbox live gamer tag to the new Xbox 360 tag.

2. Project Gotham 3 or Perfect Dark Zero or ?

3. Is there any Mac friendly Xbox 360 software that I should be aware of?

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

3. iProd macrumors regular

iProd

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

if you play online with people you acctually know then pdz, if not get pgr3.

it's easy to transfer your tag, you justy put it into your 360 and recover it, one annoying thing is you cant recover to multiple xbox's your tag can only exist on one 360 at a time, which is a pain in the ass as half of my 360 play time is at friends houses and haveing to store my tag on my memory card is a pain in the ass.

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

1. Easy as pie. Just login and xfer your account.

2. PGR3, although I never thought PDZ was as bad as people made it out to be. (It has co-op!)

3. Connect360 is what I use.

4. (Bonus) Download the iPod plugin from the Marketplace to play your iPod (non-DRM protected) tracks on the 360!

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I thought he was going to ask about have 2 XBox 360's.

7. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Opps, i guess that was 3 questions, didn't mean to overwhelm ya :p

I got it home, everything is hooked up fine and I love it but, the thing is so FUC (you know the rest)in loud! Damn I have to crank up the sound to drown out the spinning. I may, just may return it because of that.

PS: When I was going to put the batteries in back of the controller, one of the instruction papers fell out with a long hair coiled in the paper, that grossed me out.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd say get either GRAW or Tomb Raider. 2 brilliant games. but that's my opinion :p

9. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

quake 4 is AWESOME and Oblivion is mind blowing.

10. pigbat macrumors regular

Kameo is a great platformer and they just released the live co-op pack for download on the marketplace.

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I think if i were to get a 360 now, I wouldn't even buy a game with it. I would just buy the system, then bring it home and download demos of the games I am interested in. Try the demos, then go out and get the games you like. I bought Call of Duty when I got my 360, that game was great, but I could have probably got it cheaper used at GameStop of something, if I hadn't been so excited to just try a game.

12. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Tomb Raider has slipped to April 25th. I agree on GRAW, but PGR3 or CoD2 would also make excellent choices for the "I have only one game right now" gamer.

13. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ghost Recon is a must. That game is ALOT of fun. So is call of duty 2.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

indeed..Tomb Raider is a good game(just got it)....COD2 and Ghost...whatever.

Bless

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Damn your nipples america..... I got it yesterday and it's very good. Graphically the xbox live demo is the first level of the game, but it's by far the worst looking level in the game. The graphics get a lot better than the demo...

16. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Call of Duty, Fight Night, and Oblivion are the only must have games on 360 at the moment.

17. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I take it you're not in the US? Best Buy still says 4/12, but at an EBGames store yesterday they had it slipped to 4/25-4/26.

18. crachoar macrumors 6502a

1. No clue. But you can't transfer save games from the XBOX to the 360. Genius, no?

2. Neither.

3. Yeah, there's some 'media center' emulation program I think. But I forget the name of it, and I don't have the link handy. Sorry.

Be prepared to send your 360 in for repairs the same day you buy it. Hooray!

19. allenmertes macrumors member

Gotham is great, but Oblivion is a must

20. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

That said, I have never had an issue with my 360 or any games... but I would suggest to just exchange the system if possible, rather then mailing it to Microsoft...

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've never had a prob either...had some strange noise coming from it once but it stopped after i gave the box a rest....everything is fine.

Bless

22. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Thanks for all the responses I ended up just getting the system. I rented PDZ and it was just a plain disappointment. After trying out all the demos from live (which I was really impressed with) GRAW seems like the best so far. Then from all the positive reviews from Oblivion I think Im going to go for that when I need a change from GRAW.

23. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Not to hijack, but I have a 360 question...

Can you transfer 360 game saves between profiles? Like if I have one XBL profile X and one profile Y, can I transfer game saves between them?

24. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Bump... maybe if I use an iPod to copy the game saves to? Would that work? I'm on vacation and don't have my 360 with me to try it :)

25. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I don't see why it would be a problem. Use a memory card (or iPod) if you can't access the hard drive game files between profiles.