2 Year Anniv...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sean7512, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

June 15 will be my 2 year anniversery with my girlfriend, and I'm trying to figure out some ideas. First, we are leaving for Fort Myers Beach, Florida the very next day, so I am trying to save some money as I will spend my fair share on her down there.

Because of that, I was thinking of maybe making her dinner....what do you guys think? What would be a good thing to make?

Any other good ideas welcomed (gift, something to do, etc).

Oh yeah, last year for our one year...I made her an hour and a half DVD compliments of iMovie and iDVD, she loved that. Then we went out to P.F. Changs (Chinese restaurant), saw the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," and finally got a nice dessert at Eat n Park. And of course, I first arrived at her house with roses....

So yeah, any ideas?

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Gelato!...then again I think it's perfect for any occasion, anniversaries, birthdays....weekdays....right now..

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I was going to say make lasagna together... but that'll leave leftovers (unless the two of you are capable of eating that much food!) and leftovers aren't a great idea if the two of you are taking off the next day.

Mm... maybe some other simple pasta dish? Grilled chicken breast to go along w/ it. A simple salad.

I dunno. I'm awful in the kitchen. :eek:

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

a "nice" dessert at eat n park eh? was it a couple of those smiley face cookies? :p

making dinner sounds good, as long as you don't do that very much in general. otherwise it won't be quite as unique... that said, my girlfriend and i aren't really big anniversary celebraters, so i don't have a lot to compare with.

6. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

You, young man, have the germ of a brilliant idea. Make an hour and a half DVD of compliments, compliments of iMovie and iDVD! Sit her down, say you got all these people to tell her what they think about her, then boom! An hour and a half of boredom and compliments! Tom Cruise saying "You complete me," some horrid pop singer crooning "You're byuuuuteeeful."

Perhaps peruse this sadly dead recipe thread?

8. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmm.....those are some good ideas.

The "nice" dessert at eat n park was just some pie, but those smiley cookies are good :p I had to be cheap at SOME point, right?? haha

Get Married???? Nah, I'm tooooo young, only 19.

I like the movie idea with tom cruise and all of that, it would be funny....haha

Some form of pasta would be easy to pull of, I never cooked for her yet, so it would definitely suprise her. And leftovers would be bad, since we'll be gone for a week with her/my family.

On a side note, maybe she'll get me a new MBP :cool: ......that'd only happen in my dreams

9. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Two years and you've never cooked for her???? How does she know you're husband material if you can't cook??

:D

Try making a pair of Cornish game hens, with some wild rice and a salad. Super easy, yet elegant, and only takes about an hour.

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I love the way you think. :dreamy sigh: Gone are the days of women slaving over the stove!

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

and in are the days of women deciding if a guy is "husband material" at 19??? :p

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Okay, fair enough. But I'm not 19 ;)

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

so get back in the kitchen! :eek:

14. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Don't test me, mister. I think you missed my InvisiText™.

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

no, i didn't.

my initial response was going to be... so does that mean your bf cooks for you a lot? or that you're planning on dumping his ass soon?

since i'm so forgettable... maybe you'd forgotten my sarcastic nature...?

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Bingo. That's honestly, one major criterion on which I think of prospective significant others. :p

17. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cooking for the person you love, regardless of age. It shows that you're able to provide for him/her, that you are self sufficient and can take care of yourself. Cooking is a skill that people are forgetting nowadays. And it's romantic.

How would you feel if the person you love made you dinner? Yes, it's more work than going out, but it's also more personal. It's more you. And isn't that what you're trying to accomplish here?

...and I missed ALL the invisible text.

18. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

bingo to which though?

19. medea macrumors 68030

medea

So you've never cooked eh?
    Do you have any gourmet grocery stores around you? You can easily find already prepared food such as fish that just needs to be cooked. Just add some pasta and a nice bottle of wine and you'll be set. Just don't forget dessert.

Also flowers would be nice, but try something different than roses. Get lilies or something else out of the norm.

I live in Fort Myers, but hardly go down to Ft. Myers Beach. Hope you enjoy it there.

20. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

hehe pssst... re-read my quote of your text. :p

And I can cook some simple pastas. Not sauce from scratch though.

21. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

It doesn't matter if you can make it from scratch. Just personalize it with your own spices and maybe some fresh garlic & basil. Go very easy on oregano, a little can go a long way. Also, let it simmer on low to bring the flavors out.

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm dumb.

i cook fairly often. usually ends up being more for roommates than for my girlfriend. i've learned how to make a few things from her step mom (angel hair pasta with broccoli in garlic sauce. mmmmmmmmmm and mac and cheese. mmmmm) and a few things from my mom (vegetarian stroganoff. mmmmmmmm)

23. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Cool -- you'll be right down the road from me!

24. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

We should meet up then! I'm staying with my girlfriend's family, and I'm not quite sure where that would be. But my family is staying at the Casa Playa...and in December my sister is getting married at the Pink Shell...I'd love to meet another mac enthusiast, haha