2 year old America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by miTunes75, Aug 1, 2006.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

May 29, 2006
    My two year old daughter is driving me nuts. Everyday, she does through her drawers and changes clothes 10-12 times a day! It's insane. My wife decided not to wash the clothes each time. It's crazy.

Do any of you have/had two or three year olds that did this? How do you break them from it? I have considered taking everything out of her drawers and putting them in a huge tote....We're tired of picking up after her.

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
  3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada

Don't worry, this is normal. Glad to see we're not the only ones!

We've a four year old, who's done this since she was about a year old. Our youngest (~22 months) regularly takes all her clothes off and parades around like a little feral child.

We thought about putting locks on the drawers, but haven't gone that far yet. You could try getting her to choose her clothes herself in the morning and perhaps have a 'dress-up' box downstairs, so at least her normal clothes stay in the drawers.
  4. plinden macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2004

How dirty does she make them that you had to make the decision NOT to wash them each time? We believe in the Hygiene Hypothesis ... maybe because we too lazy, but as long as the kids don't smell too badly they'll do just fine.

Anyway, it's just a phase. Let her enjoy her enthusiasm for life while she has it. Put some clothes in accessible drawers and the rest out of reach, so she can continue enjoying herself, and don't worry about the mess. This stage of life is too short for you to be worrying about this ... you'll miss it in a couple of years.

We don't mind our girls (18 months and 4 years) running about naked or dressed up in weird combinations when they're at home. As long as they eat their dinner, go to bed and get up on time, (mostly) do what they're told, and don't strip off in public, we let them have some self-generated fun. They'll get self-conscious about their bodies soon enough.
  5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Thank god...

I thought this would be about a new Model competition show featuring infants.......*phew*