$20 Apple TV for 360 owners...less video codecs included

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Jan 18, 2007.

1. alywa macrumors 6502

You know, as much as I hate to admit it, the 360 is looking like a great machine. When the new one comes out, I may just have to get one. I could care less about the gaming aspect of it, but the media center aspect looks like a really good package.

I really hope Apple can match what they are doing with the 360's media capabilities. Apple-TV seems underpowered... I guess we'll see.

2. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

I already have it and it works great. The only thing I'm missing out on is the lack of ability to play music purchased at the iTunes Music Store.

3. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

FairGame....no more DRM...

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Did they add the ability to play protected videos and/or audio? I already own the program (I don't use it really but I think it's a good effort so purchased primarily to support the author) but until it does that I don't have much use for it. I know there are ways around DRM but I'm content leaving my tracks with their DRM. About 99% of the play time is on the Mac anyway.

Otherwise this isn't a $20 Apple TV.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Once the 360 is able to play h.264 videos and this program supports it, I will consider fairly close to what the AppleTV is. Still, this program is great and I got it early on for only $10!

6. msfletch macrumors newbie

I have tried this software before but had trouble getting it connected to my Mac. I tried calling xbox support and they just took me through the steps I had already tried off the website. I have also read everything at the Nullriver website. Can someone who really uses a Mac and Connect360 tell me how to get this working? The problem I have is that my 360 is not connected wirelessly so I use a router to split one conection to my xbox 360 and one to my wireless airport express for my computer. Is there a way to get them connected?

7. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I've been using this without a problem for over a year. No connection problems at all. I'm using a wireless network though, so I have no suggestions about router issues.

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Yeah, no problems here either and I am using wireless as well.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

ditto here as well.

10. Maynerd macrumors regular

11. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I already got it, can't wait till it supports more file types. :D

12. thestaton macrumors 6502

for anyone who already has this, I'd recommend getting visualhub as well. it will let you convert almost anything in the world to .wmv :)

its the route I'm taking until the aTV can support other industry leading codecs and until I see some reviews.