20 Display...SCREEN IMPRINTMENT ALREADY??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iProd, Jun 4, 2006.

1. iProd macrumors regular

iProd

I got a nice G5 2.3 DC and a 20" cinema display not too long ago. Now, just recently I hooked up my gaming rig to it to see how it went. Well, I hadn't really noticed it until now: there is a ghost of a menu bar on the top of the screen and of my G5's backround. Is this common in the cinema displays?? It's such a tragic thing to happen to my beautiful Apple display :(

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

It's a common problem for some LCD's. Turn it off and let it cool down, it should go away that way.

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Are you joking? Picture burn in isn't common at all on LCD displays!

4. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Since you are demanding I give him a link here goes: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88343

/me looks around his house and notices 5 LCD displays none of which have ever had this issue...

6. Rovman macrumors regular

I was also led to beleive TFT's do not suffer from Image burn-in/persistance. Thanks for enlightening me..

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I just assumed the OP was talking about burn-in, persistance I had never heard of until today. If I had an LCD that suffered from it I'd be pretty angry.

8. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

9. adk macrumors 68000

adk

It has a lot to do with how the display is used. Where I work we have LCDs that always display the same thing, similar to an airport monitor. By the end of the week it's burned in pretty badly, but with a little rest over the weekend it's as good as new by monday.

10. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

this happens on occasion on my 23" cinema display which i bought new in january.

i thought it was just my eyes tricking me because i was staring at it for too long! lol. mine isnt bad though, it just is a very very faint image of wahtever was last on the screen.

it goes away after about 5-10 mins of being shut off. and i was none the wiser.