20'' display vs. 23'' HD display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by The_Shocker, May 11, 2005.

1. The_Shocker macrumors newbie

I just recently bought a PowerBook 15'' and I'm new to Macs. I love my PowerBook and I'm already going to buy a desktop. I wanted a mac mini with a 20'' display. Is the 23'' worth almost paying double for and does the mac mini's video card even support it. I like crisp picture but If it's not much of a difference or the same picture on my PowerBook I will go with the 20''.

Thanks to anyone that can help.......o and If you have a pictures post 'em for me. Thanks!

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

3. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Also look around for Dell 23" LCD, they can be had for around $900 sometimes...

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I was at an Apple retail store today and they had a mini running a 23" display......beautiful screen and the mini seemed to be driving it just fine

but I did notice the price difference between the 23" and the 20" and couldn't convince myself that it would be worth double..... just my opinion

5. Nemesis macrumors regular

Nemesis

23" cannot justify its price.
    Go for 20".
    Plus, your 15" PowerBook hooked onto 20" will be better than Mac Mini plus 23". Think about that.

I have 17" Powerbook hooked onto 20" and it's a great setup, better than any desktop with one screen only. Powerbooks have good quality display that will match 20". Plus the thin bezel between the two ... a dream!

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I find on my brother's set up the 23 to be way to big IMO.

7. zach macrumors 65816

zach

"Too" big? Enlighten me.. In my opinion, it's hard to get too big...

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That 3" is not worth the cost difference. I don't know why anyone would consider it unless there was a decent difference in resolution as well.

And I'd get the Dell LCDs, say the 24", as they're cheaper and better than the Apple ones. Can't go wrong with cheaper and better, can you?

9. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612